A very happy birthday to this kiddo!
Rafe was lucky and celebrated all weekend. He shared his b-day with Easter this year, and that was a bit much for his mom to juggle around. So the easy way out was to have Rafe celebrate his 4th b-day on Saturday. We woke up, did presents. Which he picked almost all of them out himself. Since he knew what he was getting it wasn't as exciting for him opening them. So we'll probably not do that next time :), and then he played, he picked out his balloons, and we had his favorite, Hamburgers, for dinner w/ Grandma April and Amy &Karl. And finished off with an awesome dessert! He wanted a doughnut for his b-day cake. Boy oh boy did we have doughnuts! A few days later and we are still eating them. Probably, only because with all the Easter candy as well everyone's sweet tooth is in over drive and kinda sugared out.
Then... on Sunday we did Easter and still wished him an actual happy day. Dinner at Greg's parents in Alpine and singing and blowing out more candles. We flew kites in the park. He was so excited to do that. He still asks if he gets anymore presents. I told him at preschool this week when he goes back after spring break we'll celebrate again for him. He's loving it.
When Rafe was born and I was pondering thoughts on him being my last child. My last baby. I remember thinking, gosh, he'll be like a 4 year old boy running around before I know it. Secretly hoping time would slow down. And now here he is, my baby, a big boy 4 year old!
This picture was his blessing day when he was 2 months old.
I feel like I mention him quite a bit here on the blog. He's with me all day, he loves being with me. He can be so funny and sweet and cute. And I've said it before, he can also be a nightmare, for lack of a better word. Boy he has a temper and throws tantrums and is mean and mad. But, he is the youngest of 4 boys. He has 3 older brothers that don't let him do things and sees what they do and learns how to act from them I'm sure. Ha! In fact today he got mad at Creed (for good reason) and Creed now looks like he got attacked by a cat on the face and neck. Everyone else thinks he is such a sweet well behaved little angel. His school teachers and Primary teachers just adore him. I am glad he is that way for others. Now to encourage that at home or when it's time for me to take him on errands with me. :) But I sure do love my little Rafey Pafey. He is a smart one. He loves laughing, always wants to eat, loves playing video games with his brothers. He's super tall for his age. He's good at going to bed, he loves doing his "goals' on the computer (learning, games, and music stuff). And when he gets sick or gets a cough, he sure gets a cough man. Hoping he out grows it. Bodie is starting to grow out of it as well.
Anyways, he is so happy to be 4 now. And I am not. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment