Well since my last post was documenting life while having our young boys. Here's a few more. Heading up to Bountiful a few weeks ago... 3 out of 4 are zonked out sleeping. Made me laugh. Now if they would listen to their mother when I tell them to go to sleep at night or why they don't sleep in a little longer in the mornings, perhaps they wouldn't be so sleepy in the afternoons. One of the younger ones often falls asleep on "longer" drives.
Some updates on the boys:
Rafe loves giving me kisses, and they are always wet. He loves his red shoes and doesn't want new ones even though they have holes in them.
I took Rafe to the Dr. again today because he had all his tiny red rash bumps, which means he has strep again! Third time in the last few months. He had the saddest face when they said they had to swab his throat. He screamed, fought and cried. I had to hold him down. So then he hated the nurse and me. And wouldn't look at me or the Dr. he was being a little grouchy and mad at everyone for the pain he had to go through for the swab. But why does he keep getting it?
Creed stayed home from church sick yesterday and school today for a cold. He's been sleeping in his sleeping bag for over a week now. Just for fun. I need to put it away. What else, he really doesn't like his soccer coach. I'm kinda questioning him too, he's very strict and I think he treats them like they're teenagers who need discipline and not 8 year olds.
Jax played in his first baseball game tonight. They won! He is happy to have all new gear and everything. And he had 2 friends show up to see him. He was happy. He thinks he's all grown up. Then sometimes he'll cry over something ridiculous and we'll remind him how old he is. ;) Did I mention I fit into his cleats. Is that happening already?
Bodie is a silly one. He is moving right along in his reading books. I'm impressed. He gets all sweaty and hot when he plays video games. He wants to eat apples all day long. Like 2 a day. We've been putting "medicine" on his nails (he also thinks it has poison on it) to keep him from biting his nails so short. And it's working. I have to clip them now. Yay! I haven't done that for him in years. And his new thing is to fake cry and so we go to see what's wrong and he just busts up laughing thinking he's so funny. Oh boy.
Last thing to mention...
And over Easter weekend the cemetery placed my dad's headstone. And what a special time to do it. As we think of Christ and the Resurrection we also were able to remember dad. We took my mom and went and checked it out last week. My mom joked that it's kinda weird for her to see her name on the headstone as well. It looks good, and new compared to the others nearby. My boys liked seeing it. And liked the gold. Creed apparently was very interested as he's actually holding and playing w/ his ipod. Geesh. I kept telling Rafe and the others to not step right on it. And we had to remind Bodie about where grandpa is buried and to see how the grass is still settling. He thought the flowers on display a few spots away from a recent funeral was still g-pa's. Now they just need to look for the big "Williamsen" name.The end of this month marks 6 months since he passed away. Although sometimes it feels longer because he was "gone" well before that. We miss him, it's still weird to think he's not here anymore. The boys still talk about him or ask how I'm doing. They are funny. Rafe will see a picture or a family video of previous years of my dad and he will say something like "Grandpa wasn't dead there". I'll try and tell stories and memories over the years so the boys will feel that they know him a little and will recall memories or thoughts of him.
Well, now we will be ready for Memorial Day.
Well, now we will be ready for Memorial Day.


No comments:
Post a Comment