I volunteered last year and again this year. I think art is so important to have in school. And I'm so glad the boys school now has an art program. They also have to raise money for supplies n'stuff so they hold an Art Night at the school. We make it look like a museum I tell ya! They have activities and things for people to spend money on for the cause. But all week the committee hung OVER 1500 pieces of art. Ugh. I had dreams of taping. It was so much work. I have a picture of the black frames I mounted and hung (among the many other projects I hung). And then Creed and Jax are showing off one of their pieces.
The theme was "Meet Me in Paris". So they had a lot of French stuff going on. Some of the artists they studied were from Paris or studied in Paris. Jax and his French class also sang some fun songs for it. I am mentioning that because, normally when they perform their programs and have the french parts, it's always kinda boring. But Mme. Overvliet did some rock, and a couple fun fun things. So it was entertaining. His french teacher lives just down the street from us and Jax sees her all the time and is so excited when he does.
Now this week and next I help with the Presidential Fitness stuff for PE. The end of the year is so busy. I figure I can help at the school while I can, in a few years I'll be working and then won't be able to. It amazes me how much the PTA programs do for schools. Here comes May...
Oh, and while I'm holding down the busy fort here at home this week. Greg is enjoying lunches with incredible views like this of Lake Michigan/Chicago. Lucky!
Oh, and while I'm holding down the busy fort here at home this week. Greg is enjoying lunches with incredible views like this of Lake Michigan/Chicago. Lucky!


No comments:
Post a Comment