Friday, March 27, 2015

The Famous Derby!

 I am so glad the Elders Quorum in our church ward took it upon themselves to organize a Pinewood Derby, and have the cub scouts be a part of it. I was sad and worried that Jax would leave cub's and never would have done the famous Pinewood Derby. Phew, both Jax and Creed were able to participate. And...
Jax won first place!! Creed was like #'s 6 - 10 it was all with-in hundreds of a second, like a bunch of "ties". Greg helped them with their cars, he studied some you-tube video's on how to make a fast car. And I helped a little with design and then the painting of them the way the boys wanted. It was weeks of anticipation. They were so excited. There were about 14 scouts participating and then about another 14 "non-scouts" like the EQ dad's and even a few daughters. They had 2 winner categories and the company we rented the race track from was very efficient. So many races, all lanes, and the average speed out of 3 tries all computerized.

Here's the boys watching and showing the cars. Blurry pictures from my phone, but we also have video footage that they will love watching. Rafe sat on the side-lines and watched all the racing. The other 3 literally stood the whole time watching and waiting.


The racers were able to wait at the end of the track to retrieve their cars after the race and take them to the top for the next run. I love Creed's hands to his face nervous look. And the last final round where Jax was cheering on his car. We actually didn't know if he would get 2nd, or 3rd place, but he announced 1ST! We were all so excited! And the last pic he is getting his lame prize. He really wanted a trophy or something. But nadda.


Good times, fun night, classic Pinewood Derby Race! So glad they got to be a part of it.
 I remember very well going to my brother's Derby's growing up. And my dad helping them with their cars. Even if one was in the mail the night of the event and we had to weigh it down with taped on money! It's such a fun event for everyone, I hope. And Greg was happy and validated that his precise efforts worked in a winning car! I love knowing they will have happy memories like this. That is all.

No comments: