Thursday, March 5, 2015

Things

 Things I want to remember about now...

I took Bodie and Rafe both back to the Dr. because they both have not "beat" their infections. Bodie's thumb was swelling again, and he bit his toe, so that was also infected. He'd had a fever and was not himself. And Rafe's red bumps were back (strep), so they both were on round 2 of antibiotics. Ugh. Crossing our fingers that they both heal up.

Melaluca. Miracle oil # 2  I tell ya. For me, it has cleared up some blotches, pimples I've had for months, my adult acne and monthly break outs are pretty much gone. And for the younger 2 boys it has helped with their Molluscum Contagiosum (viral skin infection, causes all these little bumps on their arm pit and torso) and they are looking much better.

Rafe was able to fall asleep in church a few weeks ago... And the other half of the bench I'm sure provided entertainment for everyone around us. Kids and afternoons trying to hold still and be quiet just don't work very well. Why can't they keep their hands off each other and do things quietly during church? One day...



And we have Rafe's blonde hair back again after Greg chopped his hair short finally. Yeah!

Rafe saying, "not just yet" for when he's letting me know something. Or how proud he is about being able to use and scroll around with the remote to the TV. Or how he calls the cereal Honey Bunches of Oats, "Hunchy Hunchy n Boats".
 
And how Rafe literally jumps around all day. I call him my jumping bean. If he's watching something, he's jumping. When he's playing, he jumps. If he's asking for something or waiting, he jumps, jumps, jumps.

We all love playing games with Rafe. He has his own silly rules and we all laugh at how he "tries" to play. Candyland and Chutes & Ladders & Slides (as he calls it) will never be the same.

Bodie and Rafe love to play "I Spy with my little Eye" together. It never gets old for them.

I love how smart Creed is. For playing piano he moves along in the piano book quickly while we wait for Jax to catch up. He is speedy in his timed math and is one of the top in his class, he always gets 100 percent on his spelling tests, he's a good reader and is trading books with Jax.

Now if we can just get Creed to sit, listen, and stop talking in class, it would sure make his teachers happy. He is a good kid, they love him in class but often have to remind him to stay on task.

I love finding random pictures on my phone that Rafe has taken.

The movie Hitari! You know, with John Wayne. It's the best. I made Greg watch it and then the boys started watching it and LOVED it, they kept asking to watch more. It's a long one and we'd only watch a bit at a time. What boy wouldn't love to watch Rhino's and Monkey's in Africa be captured. They loved, loved, loved the baby elephants too.

How Jax is still working on his slight lisp with the "S" sound in Speech at school, Creed sometimes sounds like he's British, Bodie is still in speech to help with his annunciation and so we can understand what the heck he is saying, and Rafe sometimes sounds like he's from Brooklyn or Boston or somewhere. What is up with them?!

what else...

How Jax will only wear "skinny" jeans.

Creed still hasn't learned how to tie his own shoes. -He just never unties them.

Jax going up and helping Bodie recite the scripture in primary instead of me or a leader helping him.

When Bodie says his prayers he always says "bless the angels". He started doing that after my dad passed away. 

How the world ends when I ask Jax or Creed to load the dish washer. I'm trying to teach them to do it my way. There are a lot of things I need to start teaching my children instead of me just doing it all, ya know.

Creed telling me and started crying how another kid at school tricked him into saying the "F" word and how bad and mad and sad he felt. We cheered him up and made him ok.

I love going skiing with the boys. Bodie learning and doing well. I'm sure tiring for Greg but he is glad to do it. (me, Bodie, Creed, and Jax a few weeks ago)



Driving home this past Tuesday from dropping Bodie off at school and seeing this blizzard approaching our neighborhood. -then 30min. later driving home again from dropping off Rafe at school as the storm hit. And I love having a 4wheel drive that can get me around in weather like this, passing cars on the side of the road. Phew.




I love this picture. Blurry, yes. But so fun. This family of mine is so great. Sure there is lots of fighting, yelling, disobeying, and certainly rowdy boys. But also, hugging, wrestling, helping, laughing, and bonding.





No comments: