We love America, we love Independence, and we love celebrating!
We started our day out by doing the Millcreek parade. The boys are lined up to run and collect candy. It was nice, short and sweet. We ran into quite a few people we knew. Then as it got hot, we went home and watched a movie and relaxed. I tried dressing them in patriotic colors. I only mention it because the friends next to us had their girls all decked out with ribbons and skirts all in red, white, & blue, stars, jewelry, etc. and we laughed at the difference between my boys and the girls.
This year we didn't do our annual 4th of July backyard party. We had several people ask us about it. We were sad to not be doing it. It was weird not having it. But we got tickets to Stadium of Fire months ago and were so excited to go see Kelly Clarkson. We left Bodie and Rafe with my mom for the night. They had a great time and loved having a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpas- thanks to them for doing that!
Then we took the older boys down to Provo for the big Stadium of Fire show. It was fun. The crowds were big, parking wasn't too bad and leaving was way better than I thought it would be.
Luckily for us there was some nice cloud cover blocking the blazing sun. Phew! And the boys just kept asking when does it start, then when does Kelly come out? They enjoyed all the entertainment. They had dancers, Cirque de Soleil, and the fun Carly Rae Jepson. The boys only knew one of her songs. Of course it was "Call Me Maybe". But by the time Kelly Clarkson came out. Creed was half asleep lying around. Jax was quite tired too. Greg and I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. The boys wanted their beds and then the fireworks started. Kaboom! They woke right up and loved seeing those.
Below is when Kelly Clarkson was out singing. And notice the earplugs in the boys years. The loud firework booms and blaring speakers were loud. Although, I have to say, in all the concerts I've been too. The sound system was not that good at the stadium. They need to do better. But Kelly was awesome live and entertaining. It was a great time.
.
I was fighting off a headache during the show. And after driving home, when we walked in the door I thought I was going to throw-up because of another bad migraine. So I laid down and slept, slept, slept. It was nice not having to wake up at 7am with Rafe and Bodie. So almost 9am I think is when we all got up the next morning.
The End



1 comment:
So jealous you saw Kelly! I LOVE her! Sorry about the migranes & stuff! Does not sound like fun at all!!! Hope you are feeling better!!!
Post a Comment