Well July is just about over. Holy cow! Summer is flying by. I want it to last a little longer.
Greg went to Zion's and St. George for Youth Conference before our camping trip.
I've enjoyed being a 30 second drive away from a neighbors backyard pool for lessons. The boys have been enjoying swimming lessons. Creed has been taking since June. We signed Bodie up, but he cried EVERY time and had a major panic attack for 2 days. Wouldn't even get in the water one time. And then the last few classes we actually had Jaxon go and sit and be with him in the pool. Luckily Dylan didn't mind and was good with Bodie. I was able to snap a few pictures of him using the noodle and then even jumping in the pool and going underwater. Maybe by next summer he'll be able to figure out to hold his breath. We had a count down to his last day of lessons. And for that whole weekend Bodie asked me numerous times (like 15 times a day) if he was done with swimming lessons? I always answered yes, except I was teasing him and said no, one time, and he got scared, welled up with tears and was ready for another panic attack. Poor kid. I thought he'd totally love lessons. He loves floating in a pool, loves water, loves putting his head under in the tub. But that monkey crawl along the edge of the pool really got to him.
And Creed is a fish and swims all over, up and down. And Jax can swim, but we thought maybe can master swimming underwater and diving better. He's doing well too.
Our church stake was able to do a float for the Salt Lake "Days of '47 Parade". The creative couple is in our ward and they enlisted help from many people for many, many hours. Greg and the young men were able to help. I never made it to help. But we did go to the SL Expo to view all the float entries and voted for ours of course. Apparently everyone else thought it was incredible too. It won 2 awards. The 2 best. Peoples Choice and the top achievement award in 5 categories. I forgot what it's called. But we are proud of it! It was "The Good Ship Zion". It was cool and had amazing detail. We recorded the parade on TV and were able to watch it later. Go Olympus Stake!
I'm throwing in this picture booth collage from my cousin's wedding. Trying to fit all 6 of us in and make it work was tricky. Poor Bodie and Rafe didn't quite make the cut. Fun times! Jax was so proud of his tiara in the first one. The booth's are always so fun.
And Sunday night we had an amazing sunset. The pretty sky from our deck. I'm always telling Greg or the boys to come look at the sunset!
One side note - I was on the computer making our home movies. And was on our California trip from last summer. Yes it's taken me this long, and we watched the Disneyland parade with Mickey Mouse and Rafe was so excited. His eyes lit up and body got stiff and he squealed and kept asking to see it again. He loves Mickey Mouse. It was so cute. And then when we got to the "It's a Small World" ride, filming from the outside. Rafe pointed to the monitor and said "the Temple". It does have lots of spires, pillars and gold like a temple. He's so cute.




No comments:
Post a Comment