Monday, August 5, 2013

IV

Bodie Boy turned 4! Has he really been here for 4 years? He is my little Chunky Monkey. Oh how I love him. Here he is at about 10 months old. He is a silly character. He makes me laugh. He loves that he is getting older. I don't love it. Don't you want to eat his cheeks!?
 
Bodie always wants to try and play with his older brothers. But he also loves to play with little brother Rafe. And he loves being with mom or dad. Always wanting to run errands with us, or sit with us. He is good at going to bed at night when we tell him. I wish his older brothers would follow his example. His naps are few and far between these days. He knows if he cries his brothers will give him what he wants. He eats Cheerios almost everyday for breakfast, sometimes toast. His favorite foods are, corn dogs, hamburgers, French fries and ice cream. Although he loves grapes and strawberries too. His everyday snacks are goldfish crackers or a Gogurt. He's turning into quite the picky eater. Following in his brothers footsteps.
We have to ask him to repeat several times what he is saying. He's hard to understand. We need to work on his speech. And work on his letters, and counting, and everything else. He does things at HIS pace. He is in no hurry. It's hard for me to have patience and remember that.
I love to just watch him. And he loves to have only mommy take him to bed at night. He cries if daddy tries doing it. I'll take it while I can get it.
 
*****
 
So on his birthday he was so excited when he woke up. I was even more excited because all the boys slept in till almost 8:30am, yeah- you heard me. And he wanted to open presents right away, so he ran down to wake up Creed. And away we went. But little brother Rafe thought it was his birthday and wanted to open the presents because they were his. He had a meltdown about Bodie's birthday presents. Jax tried comforting him, then daddy took over so I could do pictures, of course.
 
Bodie has been asking for a remote control car like his brothers have. He LOVES it! And I love the long charge the battery has and the short charge time. And the suspension on the wheels with a size big enough to go over anything. These things are very important and apparently hard to find.
 
I asked what kind of cake Bodie wanted. All he said was sprinkles. Lots of sprinkles. He's not much of a cake lover. He didn't even want to answer when I tried finding out what flavor of cake. It was fun and easy to make. And in the end, Bodie did really like his spice cake with cream cheese frosting. He wanted several pieces and he usually just wants ice cream. He did ask to keep his flags.
We had his grandma's and grandpa's over to celebrate. He loved getting more presents.
 
Blowing out the candles and eating another piece of cake before bed with mommy. - Only on your birthday.

 I love this picture. This is the silly Bodie we all know, tongue out and all. Rafe's face is pretty excited too. We are singing Happy Birthday. I think Rafe has that song down.
 
One of Bodie and Rafe's favorite things to watch on TV is "Baby Bodie". Our home movies of when Bodie was scooting around on his bum and all things baby Bodie did. They love it.
Here's to a great 4th year Bodie! We love you dearly!

No comments: