What a month! I can't believe it's over. Next year I am going to do an advent calendar or some kind of count down. Geesh. 31 days of asking "How many days until Halloween?" It came, we saw, we did, and now it's over. I am a fan of Halloween. It's fun and you get candy. I already have 2 cankers on my tongue from all the candy I've been munching on. I can't help myself. None of us can. Except Greg, I don't think I've seen him eat any? Weird.
So the older boys love Ninjago and anything ninja. So of course that was their costume wish. Bodie really wanted to be Superman "to the rescue" as he says. But it totally didn't fit him this year. And Rafe was fine with his dragon/dino and didn't seem to mind wearing it.
Here are the Dragon, 2 Ninja's, & Skeleton Oh my!
Rafe wouldn't touch his pumpkin to carry candy. And he started crying as soon as we got outside. So he cried and cried. Didn't like the crowd of kids around. And certainly didn't understand what was going on. After the older bunch of kids left us in the dust. And as long as I was holding him, Rafe was fine. He even attempted to say "trick-or-treat" at a few houses. My sister Amy came with me, then we went back home after a half a street and answered the door. Until Greg called for me to come pick Bodie up. He had such a great time running to try and catch up with his brothers and friends, but kept getting farther and farther behind. At home, Bodie was happy as could be answering the door to hand out candy. He just stood and waited for the next door knock. So cute.
In the picture Rafe is crying away, and Bodie, well he's shaking his bum. Don't ask me why?
Monday night we carved pumpkins. So of course we had to do it topless. Then on Halloween, after eating a quick dinner we dressed the boys, our friends the Hardy family came over (we've been going with them for the last several years) and off we went. Meeting up with a few more neighbors. Back at home Rafe was happy and being silly. Too many M&M's?
So at first I thought it was too much and ridiculous. But then I saw the brilliance. 3 days of 3 different schools. The 30th Bodie's preschool had their parade and program. Cutest thing ever. Then on the 31st, Jax had his school parade, which Bodie and Rafe loved! Then on Nov. 1st Creed's school had their parade and Kindergarten program. I was able to attend all 3. No overlapping or anything happening at the same time. It worked out perfect for me. Last year I missed it all, we were at the hospital for Rafe's toe surgery. I can't believe it's been a year!
Day 1, Day 2, Day 3
In this collage...
House #3 and Rafe is still crying. And then he's dropping and leaving his pumpkin because he doesn't care about it. And the picture with me and the sippy cup - well a few days before Rafe chucked his cup at me and clocked me in the eyebrow. Ouch. It hurt, I iced it, and now I have a black eye. Well it's actually red. My sister thought I had lame looking make-up on. But no it's a battle wound. It hurt for several days, well still does. I'm a one red eye goon. And then Creed singing a spooky song.
Now to undecorate and put up my 3 Thanksgiving decorations. Greg has been telling us for weeks that x-mas music is almost on the radio. And now it is. We've already started drinking EggNog too.
One thing I wish was different, as I saw so many families trick-or-treating together. Is that my little family could go around (trick-or-treating) together. Every year it's Greg taking the older 2 boys and me with the younger ones. Which is fine. But I think now, that they'll never all go together. Jax and Creed run from house to house and we go with friends, which I'm sure they always will. And by the time the younger 2 boys are old enough to "keep up" Jax and Creed really will be gone with their friends and the days of going around together will be gone. And I never got those days. Maybe it'll happen. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Perhaps I'll talk with Amy Hardy and tell her what I want to have happen, and the mom's will enforse it? :)





No comments:
Post a Comment