Monday, November 12, 2012

SNOW Fall'n

 So a few days ago Rafe had a great time walking in tons of leaves. He loves it. Piles several feet high and he'll barge right through. I love the warm November it has been.
Jax has been going around raking the neighbors leaves into piles. And I love that I can send the boys out before a snowfall and have them rake and gather the leaves into the garbage can. I don't have to do it!
 
And then the snowfall begins. 2-3 days of dumping snow. We had like 17 in. or so? It's been fun. Luckily the night before Greg hung the x-mas lights. We got leaves raked up. And woke up to a winter wonderland.
 
This is Rafe's first time playing in the snow. He wasn't walking last winter, and obviously he doesn't remember it. But he's sure loving it now. Seeing his brothers get all bundled up this weekend, he freaks out and wants to go out with them. Isn't he so cute?
 
 
Hours of entertainment. Greg took the 3 older ones sledding on Saturday, then they continued to play for hours. Snow is the best babysitter ever!
 
 
And I had to post this oldie. Christmas Eve 1982 we were living in Denver and we had a blizzard. I remember there were snow drifts everywhere. And we had one right on the front of our house. I remember opening the living room curtains and not being able to see out the window. The snow went clear up high. (of course I was small and couldn't stand and see out)
 
So in the picture is my dad getting ready to shovel. He dug a tunnel for us to go out the front entry. Kinda fun. Too bad we don't have any pictures of that. Then my bro Cameron in front of our house, and the last picture is Cam, me, Drew, and Amy several months after the blizzard. We were playing on the snow mound. I remember playing "The Empire Strikes Back".
 
Playing in snow as a kid was the best. We didn't even have snow pants until I was a little older. But we'd do it for hours. Living in Utah and Colorado was the best snow filled fun!

1 comment:

Cameron and Amy said...

I am amazed at your memory! You even remember what game you were playing. What a fun memory to have. Your boys look cute all bundled up. Tell Greg he's a good daddy to take them sledding.