Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independence Evening

My four boys modeling their new shirts from Old Navy. I used to get the 4th of July shirts before I got married, and always wanted to get some for my children one day. Year after year I'd never do it. Until this year. But I just couldn't get them to cooperate for a simple picture. But it's still a captured moment. And I can't believe Rafe is 3 months old already. Time needs to slow down. Greg grilling up lots and lots of hot dogs for the BBQ backyard party we threw. We had our biggest turn out this year. Lots of neighbors and our families. It was a fun time. I'm so glad people come. We did a hot dog bar this year and with all the other dishes everyone brought, there was plenty of delicious food. And we are so thankful for the cloud cover we had. A red, white, and blue Bodie loving and clapping and squealing during the fireworks.Here is the crew watching the street show. And with Utah's new laws (why they changed it I still don't understand) we had a few "real" ones that shot way up in the air. That was Greg's finale this year. It's been interesting hearing all the fireworks for a week in the neighborhood and then on the 4th to look up in the sky and see the "professional" fireworks going off all over the Salt Lake valley.
Kaboom! This is one Greg set off, then I added the patriotic touch. God Bless America, land that I love! I want my children to know how lucky they are to be born and live in America! Always the best place to be. My home sweet home. :)

No comments: