Wednesday, July 6, 2011

CT

This is for my journaling, is that a real word?

I took Rafe up to Primary Children's Hospital yesterday. We had to get a CT scan. He is fine, all was normal. Here is the story...

Jax was running and jumping around being a Jedi or ninja or something and Rafe was on the floor laying on a play mat with the toys dangling over him. And Jax didn't see him, and stepped/landed on his head. Well we think it was his head. Jax wasn't sure and felt awful. But Rafe screamed for about 10min. he wasn't calming down, I was worried. Then as I was talking with Greg about taking him, he stopped crying and started sucking his fists. He must be ok I thought. I also called my pediatrician's office to check with them on their thoughts. And he seemed ok so we were just going to keep an eye on him and his behavior. A short while later, I was worried again talking with Greg and letting him know that Rafe was crying again and not calming down, not going to sleep, and just didn't seem right or normal and I was crying too (good grief Laurie). So Greg came home to watch the other 3 boys and I took Rafe to the hospital. It was neat to see their "procedure" with a head injury/infant in the ER. It was all done so quickly. And soon enough, the Dr. said he checked out ok, but we all agreed to be safe to get the CT scan and really make sure. Creed was so happy to be holding Rafe today. He sat on the couch with him for about 20min. It was cute. Anyways, we are all so happy and relieved that Rafe is ok. It was weird though, I had a pit in my stomach and had a feeling that I should take him to the hospital, mother's instinct I guess. But in the end, I guess it was nothing. Oh well. I'm just glad we've met our insurance deductible. :)

2 comments:

Cameron and Amy said...

Scary! Good for you for taking him in. Glad he's okay.

Alison said...

Wow your little family is always running to the hospital for something. Boys are just so wild. I guess it's a toss up either wild boys are extremely emotional girls. Glad to hear things are all well.