Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Boat

Greg has always mentioned how he would like our family to get a boat one day. How fun for our boys while they grow up. I envisioned a bunch of teenagers learning to wake board and it would be fun, then. But our bro-in-law Abe came across a deal too good to pass up and so with a little TLC, well a lot, the old used boat became a reality. I'm still wishing it were in a few years from now but oh well. We just won't get a lot of use for a few years. We took it out on our first run with our co-owners the Denzer's, on the 4th of July but I didn't get any pics. So here are some from our next time out on the water.

Here is the happy boy Greg driving his new toy. I have a lot to learn about the whole boating thing, you know, like driving it, launching, wake boarding, you name it. Ha!

Here I am with Creed and Jax taking it way slow. No wake. Fun stuff. Double Ha!


We had some friends join us, like little Sadie Beckstead and her parents, and the Erickson's- Spencer with Creed and Greg's parents swimming with the boys. Bodie is in the top right corner of this collage. I mention him because whenever he's on a boat he is like in a trance. It's weird. He is silent/mute. Just sits. Gets all drowsy and doesn't do much. But he hasn't fallen asleep yet.

No comments: