So on Jax's B-day right after the grandparents left, while I was taking a picture of Jax trying to hold up 11 fingers, he had to improvise and use his tongue for the extra 1 to make 11. Anyways, while we were standing in the kitchen holding my phone camera...
A stranger, whom we ALL call Douche Bag, walked up to our house and stole a UPS delivered package that was sitting on our porch by the front door. It was dropped off an hour before. We didn't know about it until the next morning I got a call from a lady named Kim a ways away in deep Holladay saying she found some opened and torn boxes and packing label all torn up and she found my name and looked me up and called. Luckily it wasn't any of the presents we have coming, it was just a lame office desk top magazine rack that Walmart is replacing for me. I'm sure Douche Bag was dispointed.
So I retreived the torn box from her and came home, Greg came home from work and we looked at our surveillance recordings and sure enough, saw the guy on camera steeling our package! So we called the police, the officer said to get it out on the news, so I emailed Greg's cousin Ranae who works at Fox13 and a few other news stations.
Bodie had a hard time sleeping that night, kept waking up scared. Poor boy didn't like the idea of a bad guy outside his house. :( And just the week before we installed our alarm system too. Our neighborhood is a target area lately for burglaries and car break-ins.
The next morning I got a call from the reporter at Fox 13 who knows Ranae, he came by while Greg
was at the dentist so he filmed me and I was on the news at 11am, then a
longer story at 5 and 9pm! So exciting. I had to jump in the shower and
hurry to get ready before he came. So my hair was still kinda wet. I
was nervous. And there I am on TV.
And just today the detective came by our house to get the box (which also had a used soda can from Douche Bag) to use as evidence and finger prints. He will get back to me. They've had a few tips on who the person in the video might be. And even one guy just got arrested who might be our guy. We will see, to be continued...


No comments:
Post a Comment