Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Memorial Weekend

 It was a fun, relaxing, but busy weekend. What? I know it's confusing. It was cool and rainy at times but would clear up enough to do something. I love seeing the flowers fill up cemeteries. I call it a sea of flowers. But of course I forgot to get my flowers to put on my dad's grave. But there was plenty so I don't feel too bad :). And I realize when I tried editing the picture to showcase the colorful flowers it made the trees look like dead fall. But they are nice and green.


I keep hearing stories of people suffering from Alzheimer's and of course I think of my dad and then I tear up. One night I was reading a new book to the younger boys thinking it was about "Grandma's Gloves" about gardening and as I turned the page and read a line about her not remembering, I knew, and then the next page the mom got a phone call that was not good news about the grandma and I lost it. I couldn't finish reading it. Jax was at the door and saw/heard and jumped right in and finished it for me. It was weird. I had a little moment then I was fine again. And I swear every other week at church I tear up over something about my dad or even my mom. Geesh, what's wrong with me?

Ok, back to the weekend. We went down to have breakfast at the Farm. They brought Great G-ma Bangerter (Greg's g-ma) over from her care center to be there. And she even got on a horse! What?! It poured rain in the morning so it was wet down in Alpine, but the kids loved it. Rafe got a pony ride, the boys were off exploring. We should go down there more often. And then we went to the Abbott's pool party and squeezed people into the hot tub. With ice cream? Hopefully they have a strong filter.


The weekend and since has included lots of visits to places like the Home Depot, tile stores, more tile stores, and cabinet stores, then back to tile, blah! 4 boys find stuff to keep them busy. And yes, LOTS of complaining. While we find stuff so we can remodel our kitchen! More on that later.


No comments: