Thursday, June 18, 2015

Demo

 So we demolished our kitchen and upstairs bathroom 2 weeks ago. I have some better pictures on my camera to post later on. So for now, it's just phone pictures. It was a long day. But we used that dumpster and used it good. Our house was built in 1955, so it's old and it shows. And it had a redo in the 1980's or 90's that we've been living with. Can't wait for the new! But I have to wait just a few weeks longer.


And my phone is FULL of pictures like this below. Tons of options and ideas. As much as Greg and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of design ideas. In the end we are coming up with a great plan. And he gives in and see's the light on my desires. ;) he he. 


And if you ask my boys how many tile places we've been to they will roll their eyes and groan and maybe even cry. They hate it. And I hate taking them. So glad the decisions are over and now it's the waiting and installing game.

Without a kitchen in the summer with kids home all day would be torture. Our only torture is having to go downstairs to our kitchen and bathroom down there. Luckily we still have the full kitchen from our mother-in-law apartment. So we get to eat on our folding table and look out the window to the beautiful view of our, ahem, toilet. The boys think it's great.
Mmm, yummy veggies Bodie!


So here is our new home base for a while. I shouldn't complain. I've heard stories of people washing dishes in the bathtub. Luckily I don't have to do that. And our tub is gone so it really is a good thing.


No comments: