Sunday, February 15, 2015

Love Long weekend

Valentine's this year took up the whole weekend. The boys didn't have school on Fri. the 13th, so they had school V-day parties on Thursday. I was able to help do games in Bodie's class, and then run down the hill to help for Creed's class party. Bodie came with me and loved it! Rafe was at his own preschool party.
 Little kids and games = noise and chaos.
Then on my way out of the school I peeked in to say hi to Jax during his class party. And his was so quiet and mellow. The parents were standing around talking while the kids did their thing. Gosh I guess being an "old" 4th grader the kids sure are well behaved. Maybe next year I'll volunteer for his class. :) - I really am so glad I am able to be in their classes and helping and having fun with them. It was fun to get to see and know Creed's class, there are so many I don't know yet. And I am in Bodie's class every week so I know them all pretty well.


 Jax was proud of the ipod phone thing we made for his box, Creed wanted a different one but we had no time and no ideas and it didn't happen so he used his same Minecraft one again. And Bodie was delighted to take Jax's old box w/ some Ninjago taped on. When I was younger I never would have used the same box more than once, but my boys use the same one year after year. It's kinda nice. Although, they are starting to fall apart. But they still hold all the valentine's and candy so that's all that matters.

I already told about Greg's Friday marathon Halo day that he did. And Friday night Greg and I went to a "Prom" party at our friends house. It was fun. We got to dress up in prom attire. Ha! I wish I had a fun prom dress to wear, it was some black dress I wore to a x-mas party or something when I was younger.  Then Saturday was nice, we hung out and relaxed. Greg brought me flowers, the boys rode bikes, then we had Chinese for dinner and watched some movies! 
I have to mention our last 2 days of watching the classic movie "Clue". For x-mas we got the game of Clue and recently played w/ the older boys while the younger 2 helped and watched. And Netflix has Clue right now, so we watched it on Sat. morning. Then the boys put it on again in the afternoon. Then Sunday they skipped through the highlights of their favorite parts. Bodie started singing "I am a Singing Telegram" in church today. We hushed him quickly. :) And I snapped a picture of everyone today in my family. They came over for Sunday dinner and got sucked into watching Clue. All lined up on the couch laughing and enjoying it. We all just love that movie. What a hoot. At the same time though, I guess the whole idea of all the murders going on is a bad thing to show kids. And my boys mentioned how they don't like all the cleavage. But it is still a good classic!


Now to enjoy President's Day tomorrow! The older boys have a winter scout camp for the day. Too bad there's no snow. It's great having long weekends.

No comments: