Alzheimer's Sucks! Or as the boys say, All-timer's. We have good reason to do the Walk to End Alzheimer's. It happens nation wide in the fall. And we signed up for the Salt Lake County one that took place this last weekend. My boys really enjoyed it. They did it for their grandpa! They were able to add a flower to the flower garden they had. Writing their names, Grandpa Lee's name and a picture they could leave their mark on the cause. They were proud to "plant" them.
I am so glad we joined the walk. The boys will remember it. And I know they are glad to help in any way for something to do with their Grandpa Williamsen "Lee". I also did it for supporting the caregiver, my awesome mom!
Every once-in-a-while my boys will see me tear up and know that something has made me sad about my dad having Alzheimer's and slowly losing him. I can't help it. Since they can't know him the way I do at least they can see that I love him. It was a small contribution for an awful disease. It was nice to feel like I can show support somehow and teach my children about what goes on in the world.
The sun was out (too bright for happy pictures), it was getting hot, they started way late, but we did our walk, some of us held hands, or held our flowers, wished they could have a balloon, then we were done and left. Easy peasy. I then had to hurry back up to Park City to rejoin my high school girlfriends on our annual weekend retreat. Which I always need and love by the way! And Greg was on to the boys sports games and Saturday stuff.
Stupid Alzheimer's!

No comments:
Post a Comment