Greg has always run, for years. He always gets up early and runs a few miles. Then last fall he ran a little more during the weeks and ate less. Slowly the pounds came off. He has lost 25lbs. so far. Wahoo for him! You should see his baggy clothes. We need to go shopping. I keep begging him. I'm excited. He claims he wants to wait until he gets down 30 lbs. - Whatever.
And this February he started up training for a marathon. He is devoted. He is great at it. He does his big runs every Saturday. 2 weeks ago he did the biggest one. 20 miles. Yes, that's 20! And he ran the whole time! No walking, just running. All of his runs he just runs. He says his body just adapts. I can't fathom doing that. I know there are a lot of "real runners" out there, but I am not one of them.
So for the big 20 miler I took the boys and we did a few drive by's so they could see their daddy and cheer him on. Since I know they won't be able to during the actual marathon. And then we waited above the zoo and gave him some water to send him back to his route. He felt good and said he wishes he could have just done the other 6 miles and been done. It's getting a little old to take all of his Saturdays for months of training. And getting to bed early so he can get up a little earlier to run. Only a few weeks left until the big day. We are all excited around here.
Go Greg!

No comments:
Post a Comment