Rafe had his 3rd Birthday. And he was so happy about it. Finally it was his turn to open the presents, his presents. His older brothers have been great this last year in always letting Rafe help them open their presents. And now that it was Rafe's b-day it was all we could do to get Jax and Creed out of bed in the morning before breakfast to open his presents. As you can see they are laying on the couches while he did it. But Bodie was his helper and so excited about the robot he got.
Rafe on the other hand, not so excited about the robot he got. I told Greg the robot would scare him and he won't want it. Sure enough, I am always right. :) I don't have a picture of the many times Rafe cries and screams being terrified of the loud scary robot. But he was and still is. Greg was trying to get him to touch it and he finally got close to it at the end of the day. But still wouldn't touch it. And a week later he still wont turn it on or let anyone else. If it is on, he is far away hiding on his bed or in another room. But he did love the rest of his presents. He loved choosing his balloons and the train on his cake.
It took him 3 breaths to blow out his 3 candles one by one. And his tongue out of his mouth during every picture of him opening more presents that evening while we had G-ma and G-pa Williamsen and Amy and Karl over to celebrate. (G-ma Lorenzon already came the day before and saw Rafe)
It wasn't until his brothers got their robots out as well and were playing all together that Rafe got close to "watch". He says his is too loud and to scary. He'll get mad and yell no to anyone wanting to turn it on.
This is my new favorite picture. Going to bed and saying goodnight with a big group hug. It doesn't happen very often and I snapped a picture of them being so cute.
We love you Rafe. We love when you are so cute and we love your bellowing laugh, we love your big old man sneeze, we love even more when you don't scream at us or hit us or cry and cry. He is almost all potty trained, he'll eat anything we feed him, he loves watching Mickey Mouse and Thomas the Train. He always takes off his shoes and socks at home or at the store. I have to watch him because he'll just drop them, sometimes he'll tell me sometimes he won't as we push him along in the cart. I have to really work my magic to get him in the car sometimes so I can run errands. Let's just say he's made me late a lot. And he loves to come sit on my lap while I'm at the computer. He loves his bedtime stories and loves getting into his brothers things. They don't really love that. :)
And my baby is now a 3 year old. What?! Man I can't believe how fast these years are going by. It makes my heart ache.





No comments:
Post a Comment