Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Last Injury

Well it's the end of the year, time for our health insurance deductible to start over in January. So of course we waste $ on one last emergency Instacare visit. On the 29th Rafe was messing around and climbing up on the couch and was accidently pushed by Creed and fell off and hit his head on the edge of our ottoman leg. And Rafe had a big bloody deep gash in his head. It required 6 staples. Although, I think the Dr. could have done a better job and not used as many or tried stitches. But I guess hair was in the way, blah, blah. Sorry if the picture is too gross and bloody. I waited for a few washings in hopes the blood and hair would wash away, but I need to get this post done so I can send the blog to the printers. :)
 
 
Jax accompanied Rafe and I to the Dr. Jax is squeamish so he sat back and didn't watch. I was glad I didn't have to watch and could face Rafe and hold his hands. Rafe got a ninja wrap to keep some gauze on the back of his head to numb his wound. He was happy for a few minutes.
 Poor guy, he can't lay on the back of his head. The worst spot to have a cut and staples. And he's been battling a horrible nasty cough as well. Off to a good start for January. (even though this is dated Dec.) All the boys in the house have had some sort of a cough. I'm the only one whose stayed healthy. Knock on wood. Rafe is our trooper. When he's not screaming, coughing his death cough, or endlessly whining because he's so tired and in pain. Then all the boys being home all day everyday. Ugh. I NEED to get away! Has school started back yet? Nope.
Let's hope it's a happy and great 2014! -And HEALTHY!

1 comment:

Cameron and Amy said...

Oh man, poor kid. Sorry you guys are sick. We are sick at our house too.