Sunday, December 8, 2013

Jax is 9

Jax had his birthday. And he loved it. He insists on having his presents under the tree waiting for him. So we quickly put them under and he pulled them out. Then he divided them out to have his brothers help open them all. What?! Creed helped Rafe open one, and Jax did just one, and Bodie was able to do one - the main one. And he wasn't really surprised by any of it. He picked out the books he wanted. And he asked and assumed he'd get his cash he wanted and then he also knew he'd get an ipod (my old iphone). But I did surprise him with one thing. Anyways, how nice of him to share the thrill of opening presents with all of his brothers. I know the 2 little ones really appreciated it. I think he got the idea from Creed a few weeks ago. Maybe a new tradition is starting with that?
 
So the picture isn't the best, they are all scattered around. But I had to share the picture of them all opening Jax's presents.
 
 
I love this picture of the boys checking out Jax's apps.
 
 
He had a good day at school. It was also his Superstar week for his class, so he took 2 sets of treats that week and on Friday we had to have an activity for the students in class. So we made giant snowflakes. It was a success. They all loved it. It was work for me cutting all the 28" squares, and there was a lot of clippings to clean up off the floor, I don't think his teacher liked that. But oh well. It was fun.
Back to his birthday. We invited my family and Greg's family to see the lights at Temple Sq. only some of Greg's family was able to come. Jax thought it was great to do an activity like that for his B-day.
 Happy boy on his Birthday.
 
 Then after the lights, we all went to Training Table for dinner and cake to celebrate. My parents drove out to meet us for cake. I am proud of my "artwork" on his cake. He is really into the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books and wanted that for his cake. And voila! The second picture is Rafe helping him blow out the candles. And brothers and cousins watching him open presents.
 
Jax loves getting older. He is so excited to be going into Bears at cub scouts now. He totally feels like a big kid with his iPod. He loves the music and has watched the movies on it. I still can't believe we let him have one already. He also feels older because we let him watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and he hasn't been scared at night since seeing the movies, so he's brave now. Ha! We'll see. I did try and watch with him and "edited" out a few parts that I could remember. He continues to make his littlest brothers scream by pestering them. He loves to wrestle with Creed, until someone gets hurt. His favorite food is pizza, he loves chocolate and he is always trying to ask to be able to play with a friend. He is a stud!
 
 Now if I can just get him to please cut his hair. Jax and Creed are growing it out. I hate it and tell them everyday I think they look like a shaggy dog. But their dad wants them to try it. Ugh!

No comments: