Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Greg's Hero

Greg's grandpa passed away and his funeral is this Saturday. Click on this title to link to an article about him.
William Grant Bangerter.

Greg says he will always be a hero of his. He looked up to him for so many reasons. He taught Greg how to work the farm in Alpine, how to work with and ride horses. Yeah, Greg was and can be a cowboy. "In so many ways he was The Man." Greg is always telling me stories of his grandpa. When he was camping, on the farm, or when grandpa was a Gen. Authority. How wonderful to be part of his posterity. Greg is the 3rd oldest of 65 grandchildren.

I have always liked grandpa's smile. Greg and I have noticed when Jax was a baby and now Bodie would smile, they look like Grandpa Bangerter when he smiles. Jax was great grandchild #25 and now there are currently 66. I think, that number is constantly growing. I am glad that Jax will have a few little memories of him. He is very aware of Great Grandpa. He always has questions about him. He's learned to walk right up and ask g-pa a question. Like if he can have his Harmonica, which grandpa let him see and try using. Or once grandpa had his wallet out for some reason, and Jax sits down next to him and starts going through it with him and asking questions about the stuff in it. So cute.

Grandpa Bangerter was the one who married Greg and I in the temple, That was very special. He will be missed. We were all so blessed to have known him.

3 comments:

Michael B said...

Great tribute to a great man. Danny always talked so highly of Grandpa Bangerter.

Lisa said...

Curtis Heaton, my father-in-law, grew up next to Elder Bangerter and his kids in Alpine. They moved in the '70s, but still kept in touch. I have been hearing wonderful things about this man ever since his passing. He sealed many of my husband's cousins, too. Here is what one of them wrote on her blog: http://brittanyhansen.blogspot.com/2010/04/man-who-married-us.html.

My condolences to Greg and your family!

Andrea said...

I think grandpa was a hero to all of us!! I know he has been to me, even though I've only been in the family for 8 years.