Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blog Book!

I am so excited to share about my blog book I made. I just had it printed. The last 2 years of this blog. It's a perfect journal. I love it! I will love being able to read it to my kids. And have anyone in the future enjoy it too. You know, like daughter-in-laws, grandkids. It will be great. Here I am enjoying it with Bodie. And here are a few example pages of how it turned out. I heard about blog2print. I signed up quickly and easily was ready to get it printed, but I didn't like how I couldn't control where the pictures went in relation to the text. Nothing was matching up. And I'd heard about Blurb. So I downloaded it and decided to try out a few pages to see if I wanted to spend the time to lay it all out. Then I stuck with it. It took about 2 weeks. I'd work on it whenever I had a chance. Probably 4-5 hours worth to get it done. But I am VERY pleased with it. I'm so glad I have it now! I'm sure people will ask. So... I had about 100 pages and it cost about $48 with shipping. I'd recommend it in a heart beat! Sorry about the flash glares.




9 comments:

Amy said...

I have been working on my blurb blog book for months. I'm too scared to finish it! You have inspired me to get it done. I can't wait to see your book and hold it in my hands. Congrats on finishing such a great project!!!

Shawn Jensen said...

WOW. That is really cool, and not a bad price. As to the comment on our blog regarding Lincolns bday pics, Lincoln has his own blog, you can click on his picture and see his AWESOME Star Wars themed birthday party. =)

Cameron and Amy said...

Cute! I'm glad you got it done. We'll have to come see it.

Michael B said...

Wow, that sounds pretty cool! We need to make the long trip up the stairs to see it!

April said...

Way to to Laurie!! That is something you will treasure forever. What a great way to keep a journal of the events that happen in your family. Your kids will love looking at it as they grow older. Gives you more incentive to post as much as you can and with photos.

Alison said...

Okay I need to know how you did that. I really want to do that as well.

Kae said...

your book turned out great. I still am trying to get mine put together.

Anonymous said...

Love Blurb (even though it's lots of work), love having a journal, and love yours....watch for deals. They will send out emails with discounts. I was able to get copies for myself and each of my kids for a screaming good deal.

Elizabeth said...

I need to do that. It looks great!