Friday, March 16, 2018

The last few months.

So we had January, then February and now it's March! I have issues with my iphone linking to my computer and picture image files not loading, blah blah, I'm sad it's been so long since I've documented our life. So here goes...



Christmas break I took the boys swimming. They had a blast, it was fun to sit and watch them play together. All happy and having fun. All 4 enjoying each other as friends in the pool that day. Cute of the little boys to be holding the older boys up in the water. What silliness. 

In Janurary...Every-once-in-a-while they still play on the Foosball table. Fun quick tournament between Greg/Bo vs. Jax/Creed - I'm sure Greg won that day.
Jax wanted a few selfies with his mom. And sometimes Bodie likes to run on the treadmill. I love his little boy self running in his undies so he didn't get his clothes all sweaty, because he sweats. And it was cute.






** I turned the big 4 - 0! **

I've been dreading getting to that big number. This last year I've really noticed the wrinkles, like they've increased all-of-as-sudden I tell ya. So I felt panicked and paranoid about aging. I don't want to be old, I don't want to be middle age. My boys are still young, I wanna be young too. Ha! But they say the 40's are better, yadda yadda, so here we go. A new decade for me. 
I also did not want a big party celebration like we did for Greg. That is his out going personality style. I'd prefer not to be the center of attention. So it was low key for me. Which was perfect. I woke up to the older boys decorating with black balloons (Greg was up early and busy blowing them up) and streamers to a nice breakfast Greg made. Then I worked all day. Ugh.(more on that later) And we went to dinner at a Thai place with my mom and sis Amy. Came home to have cake and ice cream. Black icing, made us all have black mouths. It kinda grossed me out. So I avoided the icing after that.




And I added a picture from that Sunday in Alpine at dinner celebrating my b-day. LeeAnn always makes the best Lasagna that we all love. She makes a ton too. Enough for everyone to eat lots that night and take home for leftovers for the whole family. 







*** Jr. Jazz ***

We had 3 of the 4 boys playing basket ball this winter. We either had marathon days, of games going from 9am- 4-5pm. Spread out all Saturday long. Or quite a few over lapping so we had to split up to make all their games. I love basketball and watching them all play. Bodie had a great time, it was his first year playing. And he was pretty good. He gets aggressive and he's so tall. It's great. The bottom right picture he is actually doing the moonwalk, getting his Michael Jackson on out on the court. Why, I dunno?! He's silly that way. 



Sorry these next pics are so blurry. I screen shot off of a video from my phone. But it's always fun to see the older boys play Even if they lose most the games.

Creed is the top row in this collage. Shooting and making a basket, and then a shocked/happy look on his face right after. And him fighting for the ball on the floor, which he got.
Jax's aggressive face after a steal and breaking away down the court for a nice lay-up, but missed. His team was funny this year, always shooting and missing. It's like the ball repelled the basket. They are all pretty good normally. Go figure. They all had fun playing again this year.


** February**
Greg totally surprised me! One Saturday he tells me we have dinner plans for our anniversary. So as it turns out we had dinner plans and an over-nighter plans. But I didn't know until we got closer to the hotel. And Greg then mentioned my mom came to babysit. We had dinner at Cafe Molise. We went there 15 years prior the night he gave me the ring on our engagement. Then we also stayed at the Grand America, same room we had our wedding night. And we watched Cheers (the old TV show) on Netflix and had yummy room service. And I had fun going through our wedding pics. The middle one is from our wedding invitation.

I sold our free Jr. Jazz - JAZZ tickets and traded them for a different night out to the arena to see the NBA team play. We also happened to be there the same night as sis Andrea and Abe were there, so they joined us at half time. And the Jazz won, the boys enjoyed it, it was fun to get out and do something.
Jax and Creed doing their hunters safety course on-line to get certified. Hours of fun for them. Ha!
Bodie so excited to buy a minecraft pig at Target. He even had to buckle him safely. He's totally into pigs right now. Who knows why?
And cute Bodie copying Greg while he fell asleep on the couch.





 The older grades finally did their ceramics at school in January. Creed made the red striped nose face mug in the picture. And he finally got to go shoot his bow that he got for x-mas.

Greg pulled a lose tooth on Rafe while we were out to dinner. He feels bad because he didn't realize it wasn't quite ready and broke it off and it hurt Rafe. But he was tough and acted ok. Check out both their faces though! 
And the younger boys still play with toys, and it was fun to see the older boys join in and all play cars on the roadmap together for a while. Until I'm sure a fight broke out and it all ended.


I forgot to add this picture to a collage and didn't want to miss it. We went skiing at Brighton and were heading home in a long backed up canyon but the sunset was amazing. Fresh fallen snow on the trees, the clouds, shadows, all so incredible. What a beautiful world we live in.




 Greg went to some attorney summit in Monterey Cali, where he had to present and speak in front of everyone. He also got to go to the aquarium there. I really wanted to go there this summer when we went with the boys but didn't make it. So there is Greg with one of his bosses Ben and then at the beach with his co-worker and buddy Corey. And some cool pics of the jelly fish.

Then last Sunday the boys used up a bunch of tattoos and put them all over. Bodie even had one on his bum. Notice he has 2 on his nipples. What a character.

 And that's a wrap. For now.

No comments: