Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Holiday Month

Back in November we went out to dinner at Rodizio, the boys love it. We had lots of meat, but the problem was it was the night before Thanksgiving. So 2 big meals in 2 days. And then I took one picture on Thanksgiving at my moms. A selfie after pie. 
Then December stuff...
We did our annual tradition of frosting sugar cookies at my moms. You know, she whips up 200 cookies and we sit and frost them all and take them home to our families. And one day I did lunch with Greg's sisters downtown. 


The 3 younger boys all had their Tanner Dance performance at the school. Rafe's was neat at the end they all got a candle and turned out the lights and danced a Van Gogh's Starry Night (which I love) my favorite one ever! And Bodie did the life cycle of frogs (see him jumping) in the yellow shirts. And Creed did his last dance of Elementary school. He had fun doing it with his friends but always says he thinks it's silly and dumb. His was too space and river and water.

I got a new iphone 8 and tried out my camera the week of a weird fog that left cool frost everywhere. Before x-mas break Rafe had his 1st grade singing performance. I thought I'd cry a little, since it's music with children and he's my last. But I was strong and didn't. The bottom picture he is rocking the baby Jesus. They sang all sorts of songs for different religions holidays. And we had to miss our ward party breakfast and Creed's Jr. Jazz basketball game to go to Alpine for the Bangerter Fam x-mas party breakfast. There's Greg with his cousins that were there.

Temple Square Lights with the Lorenzon Fam. A tradition to see lights and then go get dinner. We went early enough to beat the big crowds and then we ended up at Chili's for dinner. Always fun to be at Temple Sq. during x-mas time!


School got out on Thursday afternoon. Then we took the older boys to see the new Star Wars - which we were not fans of. The movie was entertaining, heck, it's Star Wars, but we were so disappointed in a lot of things, the character directions they went, the story they could have made so great we feel was a lame continuation of the saga. Thumbs down. Bummer man!

 Friday we went skiing at Brighton and had a furnace repair man come while I took the boys to get pictures with Santa. Nothing like waiting last minute. But we found the Santa Shack in Sugarhouse and the line wasn't long yet. Phew! He gave high-fives, low-fives, and bones for the boys. Jax had his arm around Santa and the younger 2 were kinda nervous but excited. They all rehearsed what they were going to ask for. Ha! Good visit with the Jolly ol' St. Nick!

               Christmas 2017! (ages 13, 11, 8, 6)

No comments: