So after a rough night. It was dark and early. Actually it wasn't bad, 7:30am is just fine. The boys were all so excited of course. I did the lights, music and got the camera's ready. We checked out our stockings and then moved onto opening presents.
We had to hurry and be done so we'd have a few minuets to get ready for church by 10am. I wanted to wait for presents till after but Greg said NO! Greg had to go shovel the church and Jax had to be there early. I love having Christmas on a Sunday. It's just kinda special and neat and different. Once only every 7 years. I was looking forward to my boys feeling the spirit in the short music filled, Christ centered meeting. I told them how special it will be to go to church on the day we celebrate Christ's birth.
And a sad part- we got a call that the Stake Pres. had cancelled church because of the snow. 18 inches was all. Ha! And the parking lot and roads weren't plowed. I guess a plow broke down too. Erg! I was really quite bummed and sad. But it was also kinda nice to have to not hurry and get dressed to get out the door. We were able to stay home and relax and do nothing.
Anyways, back to our morning...
We took turns opening presents, still kinda chaotic but I try to do it one at a time. Here's a picture of all 6 of us opening something. Jax was thrilled with a pink Lamborghini, Bodie and Rafe got some glo-fish, one had died by morning. We said the dead one was Greg's. And even Greg got a auto nerf gun like all his sons. We have darts coming out of - everywhere. :)
Some other presents from this year were big remote control cars, dino, and robot. Race track, fish, clothes, watches, socks, sleeping bags, video games, and swords. Lots of boy stuff ya know.
Some other presents from this year were big remote control cars, dino, and robot. Race track, fish, clothes, watches, socks, sleeping bags, video games, and swords. Lots of boy stuff ya know.
Playing and hanging out all day. I was able to get a short nap. Greg's parents stopped by and the boys played in the snow for a bit. Lots of fun and a lot of mess. Oh and one of the presents lead the boys on a scavenger hunt around the house reading clues that took them to Greg's office where they opened a big heavy box that (didn't want to be moved upstairs) was our Trampoline.
It was a Merry Christmas! I just share the good and the bad.




No comments:
Post a Comment