Saturday, December 31, 2016

Celebrating the Season

 Leading up to Christmas we had lots going on. Greg traveled to Cali twice and I held down the fort. Rafe and Jaxon had their Tanner Dance performances this semester. Rafe for some reason, avoided me and my camera. I couldn't get him to dance near me so I could get a picture. And Jax's class was invited to dance at the U of U for the program sponsors in January. Their interpretive dance story was about space with the planets and at one point Jax was a satellite and did cartwheels across the whole floor. They also did some battles with the Romans and Greeks they've been learning about. Always so "entertaining" to watch the dancing. Or shall I say movement.


Greg and I went to Ebay's big x-mas party at the Grand America. The hotel was all festive and gorgeous. Yummy dinner, entertainment and then we left to relieve Jax who was babysitting for us. We use him ALL-THE-TIME now! It's so great having him old enough.

On a freshly fallen snow Sat. morning we had our ward x-mas party breakfast. It was at Camp Tracy Lodge up Millcreek Canyon. A hop skip and jump from home. And that morning driving up was so PRETTY! It was like a magic wonderland. Greg was in charge of the fire, and the boys were being silly so I took a picture. The ambiance was pretty neat as it is every year up there.
The previous Saturday was the Bangerter family x-mas party breakfast. Jax forgot his music, but Creed had his memorized and played a short song (along w/ cousin Lucy) for the Lorenzon entertainment. And a selfie shot of us saying Happy Birthday in a text video to Greg's mom LeeAnn.

The week before x-mas at school was busy. Bodie had a 1st grade program. They sang religious songs from all different religions. Our neighbor snapped a few pics of us before church so we could send out our annual electronic email card. And I was able to join Creed on a field trip to see the Utah Symphony. I was all excited for that. And it was the shortest performance ever! Ha! 45 min. and the show was over! I was so into it and what a bummer it was so short. But we got front row in the balcony at the awesome Cottonwood High School - that's an impressive building and auditorium. And the last pic is when I made Greg volunteer as a "watchdog" at the boys school for a day. That's where the dads come and spend the day helping and making a presence at the school. I figured all 4 of his boys are there so he had better go in this year. He only stayed a half day. Didn't even eat lunch with any of them. Pshaw!
Greg had the whole week off of work before, but he didn't get much down time like he wanted. Friday when school was out we did all go skiing at Brighton. Rafe was in a refresher class so next time I will get a picture of all of us.

And then Christmas came, and this is some stuff we did after. During the break. Creed and I in a selfie on Sunday (New Years Day, I'm back posting these) and then the younger 2 had to get in on the action. Rafe was upset he couldn't squeeze in. And then Greg and I went to our friends ugly sweater party. I borrowed mine and I stuck a Santa hat on his sweater and we called it good. Ha! Then one night we went over to our neighbors, the Abbott's, pool for swimming - in December. They heated their pool to like 92 for a few days. The boys all had a blast. Rafe had a bad asthma cough going on and the steam totally helped him. But getting out... burrrrrrr.
We were all sick at one point over the Christmas break. That part sucked. We blame Greg!

And here's this years ecard...

No comments: