After school started, late summer stuff.
I talked about summer ending, and here is what we've been up to since school started.
Technically this was the day before school started. We didn't get to the track too many times this summer but I did snap one picture of us resting after a few of us ran the mile. I couldn't get the Davies girls to look at the camera. And then we ran some errands and had lunch in the park. I climbed to the top of the pyramid with the boys. That deserves a picture.
The Friday after school started we headed up to Jordanelle with some of Greg's family to go boating. Here's the sisters on the beach, well I should say girls on the beach, Jax and Rafe enjoying cruising around, loading the boat back on the trailer. And I had to take a picture of the amazing sunset from our car at the gas station on Wasatch Blvd. by our house that night. We said "Our gas station has better views than your gas station". he he
After my usual Sunday afternoon nap I woke up and saw on the security camera all the boys hanging out and playing downstairs while watching a movie to keep them quiet so I can sleep. I thought it was cute. Their typical Sunday after church chill'n.
Creed had some major bed head that we laughed at and thought deserved a picture, but what angle was the best?
The boys fell in love with the giant teddy bears at Costco. They think they need one or two or 4. Ha!
The last picture (bottom left):
For Family night the boys enjoyed going through all of Greg's journals and some pictures from his mission. Trying to get them excited or interested in what it's like to serve a mission. The next day Rafe asked this,
"so is my mission 2 days or 2 weeks?"
me: "2 years buddy!"
"Like I'll miss 2 birthdays?"
me: "Yep"
"Mom, so did you wear a plate hat on your mission?"
me: ? Wha?
"The guys in the black suites w/ hats that hang down" (showing him covering his ears) "like in daddy's pictures?"
me: oh, the Russian fur hats. (ha ha) -wish I had a picture handy to share.
We had our annual back to school pancake breakfast in our front yard. It was our biggest turn out yet. It's the best kind of party. It starts, we eat, 30 minutes later everyone leaves for school and it's over. Super quick and fun.
The last weekend in August I went on a girls over-niter to a friends cabin up Millcreek Canyon. It was a fun good time. We eat, talked, made bracelets, did hair, laughed, stayed up way too late. It was a bunch of us from our ward. Glad I went. Greg took the boys to the late movie at the school play ground.
Greg cuts the boys hair. Always. Creed was having his turn. With a worried face about how his new hair-do is going to turn out.
Glovestrong - the glove. Greg and his partners (bro. Chris and friend Spencer Erickson) launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise money to get the first set of gloves made and sold. It didn't take off as they'd hoped. So now to plan B.
And Labor Day Weekend we went to the Bangerter Reunion and the boys all played with cousin Bella trying to do some Smash ball. All our other plans for the holiday weekend didn't work out. Our last boating we had to cancel because of wind. But we did go to dinner and the mall with the Denzer's. And Monday we were going to go rock climbing. But that ended in just a hike. We'll try again.
And we took the boys to their first U of U game at Rice Stadium. Well, Jax has been to one before. It was the 1st game of the season against SUU. We won! Every section in the stadium wore red or white so it looked like a checkerboard. It was fun, the cloud cover made it not hot, then it poured rain for a just a few minutes. So we quickly put our ponchos on. Then just as quickly took them off.
The boys had a blast. Although after a while the younger boys kept asking when we can go home. I think it would be fun to also take them down to Provo and go to a BYU game. Those are always fun. And since we like both teams we have to even it out. BYU and Utah actually play each other this weekend. We don't know who to cheer for? Ha!





No comments:
Post a Comment