Thursday, April 7, 2016

Rafe my baby!

 All about our Rafey Pafey. From the moment he was born, here in the hospital he was welcomed by all this brothers. They have loved on him ever since. The baby of the family is always "babied" right?
I'm glad he still loves to sit on my lap and be with me all the time. I can see that having him be so "clingy" is a good way for me to hold on a little to the baby years.

His blessing day in June, about 2 months old. He was our little old man baby. Skinny, bald, even some pimples, he was long and growing even more into a cutie pie.


Oh he was so darling. I miss my baby so much! Rafe was almost 5 months old in the picture below. Seeing all these baby pictures kinda hurts my heart a little ya know. I still can't believe he is already 5. The baby of the family. My last one. I knew he'd grow up, but man it happened fast! Enjoy it while you can. Truly. Because now I have no babies or toddlers and he's 5, almost done with preschool! That means he's a big boy. All I have are big kids and boys! I'm trying to embrace the next phase of motherhood. But gosh, it's hard to only have memories of my babies. My cute toddlers, the cute voices, all that is gone and now we get to look forward to other things. A little more freedom will be nice. We're bracing for the teenage years while trying to enjoy the childhood years.


Here he is at 18 months. Oh his blonde blonde hair! It's totally getting darker now. At least he's still my blue eyed boy. He, Creed and I all have blue eyes. The other half of the fam has brown. 

 4 1/2 years old. Gosh we love him! He's a charmer! And he can still be a non-charmer. Ha! Boy he has happy moments and then jumps to sad or angry temper filled moments. Sometimes we steer clear of him. He loves preschool, loves being with mommy, loves cereal, jumping and running around the family room playing whatever is in his imagination, playing with his brothers, he's learning to read, he's a smart kid. He's always surprising me with what he knows. He has a great memory and loves watching family home movies of him and us. I'm sure I've mentioned all this about him before. And he's into Super hero's like Superman, Avengers, Transformers, and all things boy.
Greg says "Rafe is spirited! He has a contagious laugh/cackle, a good snuggler, he's bright and smiley, and a quick learner."
We love our baby Rafe!

No comments: