Thursday, October 15, 2015

Rock Climbed

We have been meaning to take our boys rock climbing for a long time, it's been a few years. So we had a free Saturday, the weather was like summer in October so we did it. And it was only 2 minutes from our house. We went past the Iron Curtain rock wall at the mouth of Parley's Canyon and were at a place called the Balcony. It was a cliff hanging hike to get there. We think we found a safer route for next time. And then we did our climbing.

Jax loved it, and did it a couple times. Wanting to time himself. And I can't believe both my older boys were able to fit into my climbing shoes. How are they that big?
 \

It was so so nice to be the in shade the whole time.



In the 3 lower pictures in the collage is our adventure when we were done climbing.
We were headed back to the car, we thought we'd go down instead of up. But as we moved west and had to head up a steep hill and it was causing a rock slide, Greg went up with Jax to the car while the rest of us slid down. Literally slid down on our bums. And while we slid, I slid with Rafe on my lap and a motion of rock slide moving with me. Kinda scary and freaky. It was steep so I was really worried about the safety of my children of course. Cars were driving by pointing at us. I'm sure wondering what on earth we were doing. Ha! I said a few silent prayers and we made it one by one. Greg came along the highway in the car and we all jumped in. The boys thought it was an adventure. Greg and I were glad to get out of a sticky situation. 
No fear, we will do it again. We'll just make sure we plan a little safer. :)

No comments: