Take two! Rafe's second first day of preschool. So this was taken the beginning of October at the first day of starting his new preschool. Good grief what a month of September preschool we had!
Happy Day!
Here's our story...
Happy Day!
Here's our story...
We put him in Granite School District - Upland Terrace Preschool, just like his brothers have all done. I have loved it when they are 4 years old. 4 days a week, 3 hrs. a day. And the teachers and classroom have been a great learning environment and helped my children socially and to learn and grow. But this time, with my shy sweet baby of the family. It was a little different. We even had neighborhood friends we signed him up with. Then after 2 weeks in, one of them, his favorite up and left back to our old preschool (felt it wasn't right for them). I was so sad, our carpool was gone, his favorite friend Lucy was gone. She was the only way he would go to school. In fact everyday was a HUGE battle to get Rafe to please get dressed, please get shoes on, lets get in the car... Sometimes I would call Greg and have him tell Rafe he has to because he wouldn't do what I asked and I would get mad. I seriously was late EVERY time I had to drive car pool. It was killing me. Talk about a long month. I was dreading the whole year. I was thinking it was a phase and would change. He just hated it and didn't want to go to school.
I volunteered a couple times in September and his teacher wanted to talk to me about him. He wouldn't ever play with the other kids, and he wouldn't do what he was asked. What?! My child. That was weird behavior and concerned me. And then we discover a bully in class. This bully was violent, scratched our other friend a blood scratch across her forehead and eye/eye lid. Yikes, then while I was there he full on bit another boy. And the stories of stuff he had done was a list that was growing. We talked with the teacher and district, they were trying to find a solution. In the mean time I was blessed with an opportunity to go back to our old preschool with Miss Jenn from last year. That, Rafe loved and kept talking about. And she even let the other little neighbor girls in also. I felt like crying when we all got in. So beginning of October we switched schools and now we are back to our 3 kid neighborhood carpool. Rafe likes school and is glad when he goes again. It has been wonderful. For whatever reasons, Upland Terrace wasn't a good fit for Rafe and we had an opportunity and switched him. And I'm not looking back. Yeah! Wonderful for him, and for us. It is a relief.
I volunteered a couple times in September and his teacher wanted to talk to me about him. He wouldn't ever play with the other kids, and he wouldn't do what he was asked. What?! My child. That was weird behavior and concerned me. And then we discover a bully in class. This bully was violent, scratched our other friend a blood scratch across her forehead and eye/eye lid. Yikes, then while I was there he full on bit another boy. And the stories of stuff he had done was a list that was growing. We talked with the teacher and district, they were trying to find a solution. In the mean time I was blessed with an opportunity to go back to our old preschool with Miss Jenn from last year. That, Rafe loved and kept talking about. And she even let the other little neighbor girls in also. I felt like crying when we all got in. So beginning of October we switched schools and now we are back to our 3 kid neighborhood carpool. Rafe likes school and is glad when he goes again. It has been wonderful. For whatever reasons, Upland Terrace wasn't a good fit for Rafe and we had an opportunity and switched him. And I'm not looking back. Yeah! Wonderful for him, and for us. It is a relief.
Rafe is a little turkey. He is always asking for me to take his picture. The scratch on is forehead was from fighting with his brother. Always wanting to play Clumsy Ninja on my phone, I find pictures of Rafe's self portraits all too often, we are still trying to master him putting on his shoes. I know, we are bad and always just do it for him so we need to get the baby of the family to be a little more independent. And then a silly Rafe who likes to hide under a blanket after his cold bowl of cereal in the mornings. And he was walking around with it on his head. Just being silly the way Rafe is silly.


1 comment:
He's looking more like Creed every time I see him!!
Post a Comment