I have such great memories sledding while I was growing up. Always such a fun time. Sadly my boys only go like once or twice a season. We live on a mountain side, you'd think there would be hills around to sled on? But, there is not. We make an outting and drive to the local Jr. High for a good hill. The day after Christmas after our fresh snow we all went. Rafe was so excited to use his new sled. We also went with Greg's family on New Years Day again.
A lot of nothing going on after Christmas. The whole break was low key and we stayed home most of the time. It was kinda nice, but then I got a little cabin fever. And way too much video games going on. On the 30th our power went out for over 6 hours or something. It was 12 degrees outside. So we had our fire place going to keep warm. And I read a whole book to the boys. One of Jax's he got for Christmas. "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing". I loved that when I was younger, so we all read it. And our house is full of little brothers to each other, so everyone enjoyed and related to Fudge. And we played games. Rafe is scared of "Operation" and the buzzing. Boy the new version of that game is not as fun and challenging as the original. A few game nights, a lot of chocolate, and some good family time is has been happening.
Today at church I was so emotional. I even wanted to bear my testimony, but Greg was home sick and I was truly wrestling the boys during Sacrament meeting so it didn't happen. We had a wonderful lesson in RS about the gift of the Grace of God. It made me think a lot about my mom and her last few months and years with my dad. So that brought emotions. And then sending my last baby to the Sunbeam class in primary. No more nursery. That is just crazy! I went to peek in a bit to see him and visit. And that brought emotions. Just a lot of little things touched me today.
So my testimony... is being so grateful for the gospel. So simple, yet so strong. I am truly amazed at the power of prayer. And fasting. I have seen so many, many times my prayers being answered. I am so glad I can rely on my Heavenly Father and have faith. I love my children, my husband and our families. I know, Heavenly Father, my Savior, our living prophet, the Holy Ghost are all true and real. I know it, I live it, I love it! I really like that saying.
Now how does that tie into sledding? I don't know. Slow down and enjoy the ride of life. Ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment