Sunday, December 14, 2014

Decembering

 Half way through the fun month. The unusually warm month this year. The always busy month. December is great. It's just so different from, let's say January. Am I right? I love the Christmas season. Greg made his favorite Wassel yesterday and a Gingerbread house with the boys tonight. We've done a Christmas play, work party last night, Jr. Jazz for Jax, lots of shopping, watching Christmas movies, dinner with friends, and all this...

1- I have 2 cub scouts. That is weird. Jax is so proud to be in Webelos, and Creed had the biggest smile when I showed him his new scout uniform. They were helping with a service activity at Creed's first pack meeting. I'm always knocking on wood about when they give me the calling to be a Den mother.
2- Rafe found something to keep him busy while I searched the toy isles at the store one day. It took quite a bit of persuading to get him to quickly put them back so we could go pick up Bodie from school.
3- The cemetery had a luminary lighting night. So we went to put some on the graves of my dad, g-ma/p-pa Jensen and Uncle Bill. Before that we had dinner at my mom's, she had a Christmas Tea Party for her local grand kids.
4- Creed's class had their annual Tanner Dance performance. He is lined up and ready to start. I told him he better "get into it" more this year. And he sure did. He had fun and was entertaining to watch.


 5- Temple Square Christmas Lights with the Lorenzon Family. Rafe and Bodie were in aw of the Christus Statue. I love the picture of them drawn in close and looking up at the grand statue of Christ. Bodie asked if this was Jesus's Grave we were visiting. I explained it to him.
6-Rafe really wanted a picture of him with the spires. It only took 8 tries. :)
7-Jax wanted one of him with the temple as well. We needed to be further away, it's just so neat to be so close.
8- All the cousins enjoying the Christmas lights at Temple Sq. and downtown. Before heading to dinner at Training Table with everyone. That's turning into a tradition.

 9- Our family tradition of Tepenyaki's. I loved Rafe's concentration and desire to use his chop sticks to eat his meat. And of course the boys LOVED the whole experience there.
10- Sleep over - I painted the boys room upstairs (all by myself thank you) and it was drying so Bodie and Rafe were sleeping in the family room. And joined by their older brothers. I loved how Creed fell asleep. Had to get a picture of my sleeping boys. And it took a long time for them to finally get that way. Too much sushi and steak I guess. Or just being hyper crazy excited boys. :)



No comments: