Friday, June 27, 2014

Melting in the Heat


 St. George is hot. The dessert is hot! Enough said.

We went on my mom's vacation with out her. :( We headed down to St. George using her time share condo. She was unable to go because of caring for my dad. He's to the point that traveling that many hours and being out of his familiar home would be too confusing and probably agitating for him. So there was Greg and I and our boys, my sister Amy and her hubby Karl, and my bro Cameron and his kids. I sure wish my mom could have been there. We missed you! We also missed my sis-in-law Amy and Drew/Alecia/kids in Oklahoma. (soon to be Louisiana)

We did the famous "crack" of St. George. I barely fit through as I did it with all the kids. I was squished front to back ribs and breathing was hard at the skinniest part. But it was fun, they wanted to do it twice.



Then we went to see the temple. Such a pretty one. I love how bright white and "old" it is. Also one evening Greg and I were able to get away and go to the Temple.


 It was so hot. We couldn't get enough of the drinking fountain. And my mom sent us down with a little family history story to share with the kids during the building of the temple. The cousins had a fun time.

 We hit Snow Canyon early one morning. Jenny's Canyon, Petrified Sand Dunes, and then the White Bowl. Then as it got ridiculously hot we called it a day.


 I've shown this formation in a picture on my blog in the past, as we've been to it before. But I liked this picture. Greg is at the top, Cameron is at the bottom and the kids scattered between. It was fun to explore all around.
 Then we hit the pool. Everyday. Did I mention how hot it was. 100's everyday of course. 

And you see the black splint on Creed's arm?  Luckily we didn't cast it and so after swimming we removed his splint and dried it and voila! Put it back on and he loved being able to swim for hours everyday. Me too.


 Greg threw the kids a few times, they made trains and jumped in and out a bazillion times. We added a little floaty ring for Rafe and he was happy as could be on his own floating around. It was nice not to have to hold him the whole time.


Then an early start for Zion's National Park as well. We rode the shuttle up and hiked the Riverwalk to the Narrows, then we did Weeping Rock and had lunch and drove back to enjoy more pool time.

We also relaxed, watched some movies, played with cousins, ate, and took the kids to our favorite Rec Center to swim and play there too. Such a fun vacay! They all said swimming and hiking and eating at Chuck-a-Rama was their favorite. Greg had a bunch of free car rental coupons, so we rented a mini-van for us to drive down for this trip. The kids thought it was great fun.

No comments: