Monday, October 28, 2013

Heart Strings

These boys tug on my heartstrings. Oh how I love them. I love being their mother. I always want so badly to be better and do better at being a mother. I need patience. It's always a work in progress. I want to have a kinder more peaceful home. We are always working on that one. I know it's hard for me and hard for them. They fight with each other, yell, tease, whine, and cry. I want to make some laws and changes in our home so the fighting calms, the yelling STOPS, and whining is minimal. I have some ideas so we'll see if it all works. Family is forever and they/we need to show it! There are lots of great moments though. Lots of cute things said, funny laughs and squeals, sharing, helping, and playing together. I think these boys love being brothers.
 
 
It's gradually happening...
No more baby food in the pantry, bottles were put away over a year ago, I don't know what to do with all the burp cloths- rags? The diaper bag is more of a toy- sippy cup - Sunday bag. My clothes are no longer dirty in spit up and hardly ever covered in smudges from sticky fingers anymore, the older boys can bathe on their own - no mom allowed. I pass by the tubs of formula at the store and don't even glance and am excited that soon it will be the diapers I can pass by forever! We probably could get rid of our high-chair. We gave away our double stroller. My 3rd child's bed no longer needs the safety bar. And the biggest right now is this...
 
 

It makes me emotional. I fought Greg all summer and didn't want to and couldn't take the crib down. It tugs on my heartstrings I tell ya. Rafe sure loves his new bed. He loves to show it to everyone!

And this kid, being so proud and happy and the most excited to get his Wolf badge. Being his mother makes me so proud. And this moment tugged on my heartstrings because it reminded me of how old Jax is getting.
 
 
So many new phases of life. We are entering or already have entered the next one. Baby be gone. :(
And you know, in the same breath I could say I'm getting excited and enjoying the ride to big kids.

2 comments:

Rochbug said...

Your family is so cute, your oldest boy is so handsome! You are very good at keeping up with it, I'm horrible.

April said...

They grow up too fast, enjoy the moment!