This fall we put Bodie in soccer. It was last minute, but we thought heck - he loves to kick balls so why not? But my oh my. The kid wouldn't play. The first few games I couldn't get him to go on the field. Then I had Jax go out there and hold his hand. I did it, but then Rafe had to follow and that was too tricky. Anyways, so we finally got a game where Greg was able to come. And he did it. Went out on the field that is. We bribed Bodie to stay on the field with his team. He didn't even have to kick the ball, he said he didn't want too. He was the lucky number 13. I grabbed a few pictures of the few times he would be on the field.
And here by the last game, he played, and kicked the ball. He's finally warmed up to the whole soccer idea. And now it's over. But he is a happy little boy with his trophy. (And I wasn't there).
He can be one stubborn little boy. He certainly does things at his own pace. He wouldn't go to preschool, and now he finally will. Then he wouldn't ride carpool in anyone else's car, but we finally had our first time last week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the second. And he rode on a day that Greg was home to have him do it. I think it's actually all me. If mom's around he won't leave me. If it's dad, then he'll do whatever it is. Like for our Primary program practice, Greg took him in and he sat up on the stand and did it. But as soon as he saw me, he came down and wouldn't do it. And when it comes to learning his alphabet letters, writing his name, or counting... forgetaboutit!
*
Real quick I wanted to mention our ward's Primary Program. I cried as usual. Bodie was great. He sat up on the stand the whole time, the only Sunbeam to do so. He didn't sing, but he sat and played with his lip and looked around. At one point I leaned over to Greg and asked "where did all the sunbeams go?" A few were with their families, one with the leader, the other was on the floor and Bodie had his head down so you couldn't see him. It was funny. But Bodie did get up and say his part. Even though the only word I understood was "happy". But he did it! Jax and Creed did great too. When Creed would sing I could sure hear him belt it out. It was a neat meeting. I love that all these little kids are loving, learning, and living the gospel!


No comments:
Post a Comment