On this Mother's Day I wanted to share my thoughts about my mom.
She is amazing. There is nothing she can't do. As more time passes I can see as a mother myself now just how good she was and is.
This picture of my parents was taken almost 10 years ago. Don't they look good?!
A few memories I have of my mother are... when I was little I remember her always reading a book or sitting and doing some amazing cross-stitching or something. Or eating some yummy cinnamon rolls or cookies that she would make. Music was always a big part of our house, she would always have records, tapes, or CD's playing. She used to cut and do all of our hair. When I got older with my dad always out of town for work, she would have to take care of everything - getting the car fixed, or things around the house, running errands, everything- she did it all. She always made sure to surprise us on Christmas with stuff we didn't know we were getting. She would always let me take the car when I needed/wanted it. Whenever we were sick, she would take care of us of course. I still call her when I am so sick. I'm sure I've called her at work thousands of times over the years, even though the last few years she is too busy and never answers her phone, ha ha. We are always bugging her about trying to get a hold of her all in good fun.
I am in awe of my mother. She has always worked so hard. She has done all she can to provide for her family. She loves her job and has made a huge and hard decision to retire early so she can care for my dad. I will have to dedicate a post about him for another time.
I've told my mom this recently as well, but one word to describe her is Selfless. Talk about the best example. She always wants to give so much. I could ask anything of her. And she is always so positive. She has had a lot on her plate over the years. And most recent is slowly losing her eternal companion (my wonderful Dad) to an awful disease. (Alzheimer's)
She has done this once before (dealt with Alzheimer's) with my grandpa, her own father when I was a teenager. So she knows what lies ahead. She has a strength like no other. She is not alone. I love her so much. And sometimes my heart breaks when I think of my dad or the trials she's had in her life or going to have. But I know that she must have become who she is because of these trials.
Whenever or whatever I need, my mom is always there. I always have so many questions, about cooking - she is an awesome cook, my kids - she always has great insight, the gospel - she knows it well with her strong testimony, and anything really - she will listen and help where she can.
I love that she cooks, sews, cleans, paints, enjoys her grandchildren -aka- babysits all for me and my family. She is the best. Have I mentioned she is selfless. She is very special for all the things that she does. I hope I can be as good as her.
I also have to say I am so blessed to have her in my life. I am also blessed to have such a loving mother-in-law. I should have Greg write thoughts on his mother one day. Our mother's are all so great because of the wonderful mother's they had, our grandma's.
I love you mom!

1 comment:
That was so sweet and touching. Your mom is awesome as are you. Please say hi to your family for me. PS We are going to be in UT this summer for several weeks, we would love to get together. We will be there in June and the first part of July.
Post a Comment