Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Babies

I am surprised at how much I miss babies. I tell Greg all the time. When ever I had the feeling that I wanted a baby, we would have one. When one baby was no longer a "baby" I was able to get my fix by having another one. I think being a mother, well a woman, will always make my heart love babies, always. Now I have no grand plans to bring another baby into our family, but it doesn't mean I can't miss having a baby to hold.
We had our babies, they are growing before our eyes. And now we have the boys to raise. I love my little children. I loved having little babies. I miss the baby phase of my life. My heart misses it. It went by so quickly. Time needs to slow down. I want to make sure I cherish the little children phase. Jax is already a big kid. I need to enjoy the moment more and be the best mom I can be.
 
As in some of the pictures in the collage I LOVED the smell of a baby, baths, sleeping, smiling for the first time, rolling over, sitting up, crawling, I can't forget how I loved the scooting on the bum (instead of crawling), cruising along the furniture, first steps, walking, cooing, babbling, first words, feeding, seeing/feeling the first teeth come in, burping, and yes, even spit up, or in some cases - throwing up the whole contents of a baby food jar or bottle.
 
 
Gosh, I had such great babies. I loved it all. I remember being tired, or sick of the spit up or drool and the messy diapers - well we still have one baby doing the messy diapers, and dealing with crying or fussy babies. Good days and bad days. But it was all so worth it!
I am so glad to be a mother to my boys.

No comments: