Living in Utah, it's all about college sports. When I was younger growing up in Colorado, it was all about the Denver Broncos (Woohoo!) and the NFL. We were fans of BYU, we are members of the church so of course we like them. Then we moved back to Utah and I learned who the Utes were.
Today in my house it works out so great. Greg and I both like BYU and the U of U. So in celebration of the on going rivalry I will give a shout out to both teams.
When I was a young teenager I accompanied my Barlow cousins and once a friend to the BYU games down in Provo. It was always fun and I could feel such a fun school spirit in the crowd. As a young adult I've been to some U of U games as well. And I have to add, it is a different feeling there. I love going up to campus and being apart of "the U" and have no problems with either fans. I can just tell a difference. Maybe it's all the locals who love the U and so many out of staters that are apart of BYU? I don't know.
I truly love both schools. And will root for whoever. Probably who has a better year or ranking. Fare weather fan I guess :) Last night I was actually kinda happy the U won the big game. Maybe because I'm living here in U country I'm leaning towards them more often? And I love U Basketball.
Anyways as I'm sure this is so entertaining, here is Greg's view. He also likes both. He attended both schools. He got his Bachelors from the U. And in fact as a freshmen before his mission he was a cheerleader for the U of U. That's my hubby with the mega phone and the lovely hairdo. I was like still in elementary school while he had a grand time cheering with the cheerleaders. Years later he attended BYU Law school for his last semester (so we could be married and stay in Utah).
Growing up we both liked BYU and still do. And we both like the UofU very much. And so our children also like both.
The End


No comments:
Post a Comment