Not happy, I'm sad. My baby turned into a toddler. He's a 1 year old. That makes me sad. But he had a happy birthday. It was a fun one.
We started the day off with his new present. He loved it. Fun by all in the ball pit. I just got a kiddie pool and added 100 balls. I love how Rafe will go along as he's exploring the family room and stop, pull out a few balls, then puts them back in and moves on.
The clean up hasn't been as bad as you'd think. Unless Greg gets a game of dodge ball going using all the balls possible.
I made Rafe's b-day cakes. He likes loves balls. I thought they turned out pretty good. His older brothers helped him blow out the candle. I was hoping he'd see the balls and want to grab them. So we sat him on the table and he was hesitant and wouldn't touch them. A little coaching from g-ma and he started to dab at it.
Then we stuck a bib on and put him in his high chair. And he started picking it up and went to town on his cake. Wahoo! My first child to actually eat and enjoy his cake. He loved it. He had 2 pieces. He liked the spice cake better than the chocolate.
I was just so happy to have a baby dig in and eat. It makes for funner video. Then we opened some presents and played.
The never ending entertainment for him was the balloons. He always loves them. He still gets excited seeing the ones that are still floating.
Happy 1st Birthday Rafe. We all love you to pieces. Having a baby in the home is so fun. I hope to cherish every minute. Rafe is thinner at 21 lbs. and his height is in the 90th percentile. He's built like Creed. I love that he has blue eyes and lighter hair. We still don't know who he looks like. He's his own look I guess. 8 teeth and always more coming. He devours any food we place on his tray. You'd think he was starved. He loves to drink water from his sippy cup and then throw it on the floor. He is a great napper and sleeps all night. Now I just wish he would out grow his mama's boy stage. He is extremely clingy. It wears on me. But I do love that I am his favorite. I love giving him kisses and making him laugh. He loves to watch his brothers play and run around. And he'll sometime repeat when we babble to him, like dada or nanana. And I reckon he can say Hi. His first official word. I say it all the time to him, and now he says it often. For a while there I think he was doing his sound of "uh-oh" but now he doesn't. He pulls himself up to the couch and sometimes can sit himself back down, but other times, he'll just cry until we come help him. He is starting to cruise though. Just today he surprised me by standing at the ottoman and turned and stood at the couch. He's getting braver. He loves taking a bath, he gets so excited if I ever take him into the bathroom, like to get a tissue because he thinks it might be bath time. If he is mad, he will scream. Greg calls it an ugly scream. I've learned to pretend scream back at him and then he'll start laughing because it becomes a game. Well I could ramble on and on. But I just wanted to mention some things about Rafe at this milestone age.





1 comment:
Great job on the cakes! Looks like a fun birthday, I can't believe Rafe is already a year old!
Post a Comment