Friday, November 18, 2011

Another 5th

We had another 5th birthday party. It was Creed's turn to have a friends party. He was asking for weeks and days till his birthday. It finally came. In the morning we opened presents. He was so happy and excited to get a big monster size remote control car. The boys all went outside in their pajama's before school to play. The party began and Greg was held up at work. Thank goodness I had asked my sister to come watch Rafe for me and my dad to come keep Bodie occupied, that meant my mom was coming too. Phew! They were all LIFE SAVERS! Truly, I don't know how it would have worked without all their help. Not just with the 2 little ones, but with helping me run the party and keep the kids in small control? I really needed Greg there to help, but he's off my party helping list, he's fired from ever trying. (ha ha) But he came just in time to bring the pizza to eat and finish up.


We started out the flying airplane theme party by playing the fish game for prizes, then we did presents while I got some other games ready. Then we played pin the window's on the plane and then we had a glider plane flying contest. I tried having them throw closest to a target and win prizes. And I was surprised that all 3 of the girls at the party just couldn't throw. I figured everyone can handle paper airplanes, these were no different. But I guess they are. Kinda funny. And the plane flying was the entertainment the rest of the party.


Creed is funny, he's currently not into pizza right now, so he chose to have cold cereal while the party all ate pizza. We moved our kitchen table out of the way to make a bigger open area to do games and eat and do some crazy plane flying. After the friend party we had family over for another party with cake and ice cream to celebrate. His cake was twice the size of what I ordered so we had plenty to eat all week. Creed had a grand time, loved his presents, and is so happy to be 5 years old now!


I can't believe he is already so old. I was reminiscing about the day he was born. It seems like I was just in labor with him pushing his feet into my lungs so I couldn't breath to push. The Dr. had to use the vacuum to turn him around so he could come on out. He was my worst pregnancy and recovery.


And Creed is a big big boy, really, he's taller than anyone his age. He does love his cold cereal, eating Oreo's, doing tasks all by himself, loves preschool, playing video games, playing with Jaxon, wrestling with daddy, and is no longer in speech class. He is doing so well. He has a silly personality. He can always make us laugh. But he also has a temper that we try and help him control. He absolutely loves baby Rafe and always wants to be near him.


1 comment:

Cameron and Amy said...

Happy Birthday Creed! Sorry we missed it. You're getting such a big boy!