Kindergarten!! Woot woot! Today was Jax's first day of kindergarten. Did I just say that? What the!? Wow, he sure has grown up. Before I know it he'll be in a cap and gown. Ok, I'll slow it down. He sure was excited though. He didn't want to wear the clothes I picked out for him, so he picked something else. I had to keep bugging him to eat breakfast. Finally he decided to eat some Lucky Charms. It was pouring rain all morning, then stopped for a bit for us to go to school. Then rained again, and stopped in time for school to get out.
As we were crossing the street the bell rang. So Jax ran right up, his teacher saw him (and knew his name from his picture? -I was impressed) and put him in line to go in the building. We had to park farther than I expected, so they were getting all ready to enter. As soon as his teacher told him where to go, his excited face disappeared and this was the look I got. He just looked confused. He got quiet and didn't even wave goodbye to me. There were lots of parents around and it was a big deal. So I think he was a little overwhelmed I guess. He took his expression and followed the line into the school.
As we were crossing the street the bell rang. So Jax ran right up, his teacher saw him (and knew his name from his picture? -I was impressed) and put him in line to go in the building. We had to park farther than I expected, so they were getting all ready to enter. As soon as his teacher told him where to go, his excited face disappeared and this was the look I got. He just looked confused. He got quiet and didn't even wave goodbye to me. There were lots of parents around and it was a big deal. So I think he was a little overwhelmed I guess. He took his expression and followed the line into the school.
After school! He was excited and happy. He had a good day. I was just happy he actually told me all about his day. During preschool he would just say "I dunno, I don't remember what we did". He keeps telling me he can't wait to become a teenager. I don't know why he's so eager?
We grabbed some McDonald's for lunch and on the way home Jax asked if he goes back to kindergarten tomorrow, I said yes, and reminded him he'll go every single day now. He was bummed about that. So I guess next year will be a rude awakening to go all day!
3 comments:
Cute, cute pics!! He is such a cute kid!! Congrats on making it through the first day of Kindergarten! Such a fun milestone. These kids are growing up way too fast!!!
Oh that confused look is SO CUTE! I love that kid. But did you cry?
That is so funny he asked about going everyday!
Post a Comment