My new little baby is not so new anymore. Bodie turned the big 1! This last year has truly flown by. Bo is such a delight. One happy kid. Always smiling, babbling, clapping, and scooting along. He doesn't crawl or walk, but he can scoot on his bum with the best of them. He gets all over the house everyday. He's been reaching and trying to get himself up, so maybe in the next few weeks he'll be able to pull himself to standing. He has 8 teeth and some molars on the way. He loves to hit and whack the spoon full of food I'm feeding him to land all over. I get mad, he just laughs. He loves to watch his older brothers, loves being out side, loves bath time, pulling my hair, and his favorite toy is balls with books a close second. He's just over 23 lbs and loves eating real food. His brothers at one year seemed like toddlers to me. Seemed older and they were walking. But my Bodie is still my baby and I love it. I want to cherish him while I can!
I was looking forward to his little b-day party. I had a summer baby, so I finally was going to have a summer b-day party outside. And then on August 4th it decides to hail and rain. I was so disappointed. So we had his party in the garage instead. But it was cleaned out and it worked. Happy 1st Birthday garage style!
Below my mom is holding the cake while we sang to him. He didn't take his eyes off the candle. And then Jaxon blew out the candle for him. And then we re-lit the candle and Creed had to also.

Bodie exploring his cake. He didn't really get into. We had to try and get him to make a little mess of it.

The people enjoying our garage.
The collage below is Creed waiting patiently for the party to start. Then he's shoving a cupcake in his mouth, then Bodie's little hand that was holding tightly with frosting the whole time, and g-ma Lorenzon bouncing Bodie's new ball.
Time for presents! I really wanted to have him be on the ground so he could actually maybe try and open them himself. But the other boys were there to help with that.
Well half the day was cloudy and rainy, luckily a little cooled off so we didn't melt in the garage. And at the end of the day the sun was out, we watched the sunset and were outside on his b-day. Holding him so he didn't scoot around and get a wet bottom. He was happy! I was happy.
Bodie loving balloons, I had a hideous look so I blobbed it out. (he he) And daddy saying goodnight to the birthday boy. We love Bodie more than the whole world and outer space, as Jax says.
4 comments:
Yay for Bodie! So, so so sorry we didn't come. I have no excuse at all. I totally just spaced out and when Amy called, we were eating dinner. Love you guys. Give Bodie a love for us.
You are so funny...blocking your face. He is so cute and I'm glad you guys had a great party.
Happy Birthday Bodie!
Happy Birthday Bodie! My goodness he is growing up! Such cute pics Laurie. :) So we have the same painting in our cabin? Was your cabin decorated in the late 60's early 70's? Ours was I think or late 70's....anyway, I know nothing about it only that I LOVE it! Such a small world, ha ha ha! I am asking my Grandpa about it Sunday. The the secret to our likeness will be revealed. Ha ha ha! Miss ya!
Post a Comment