Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Black's Fork time

Black's Fork River area of the Uinta Mountains is the location of our annual extended family camping trip. We went this last week. It was a fun year. We had great weather, well a little windy but perhaps it helped keep the bugs away? I got only maybe 3 mosquito bites, Bodie and Creed got zero, and Jax was eaten alive. I did spray them all. I guess they like Jax's blood. :)
.
Greg and I prepared an awesome dinner one night for everyone. We had Dutch Oven boneless BBQ spare ribs, my sister made my mom's potato salad, and then we had Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler for dessert. We eat like kings and queens while camping.
.
The boys go'n fish'n. Greg made sure they caught some. Jaxon getting whacked by a fish. (look closely)Below, Creed is all smiles while fishing, Greg's sunset/moon shot, the group at a campfire, then Rick (Greg's bro.) playing his guitar till after the kids were in bed.
One day while Greg was fishing, I took the boys to the stream in the meadow to play in the water. Jax dropped mud on his head, Creed lost a sandal down stream, mom got sun burned, and Bodie napped peacefully in our camper in the back ground. (I'm in this picture, proof that I was there.)
A few firsts for Bodie. His 1st time being in the Uinta's camping. And his first time actually wearing shoes. (he doesn't walk yet, so why have shoes?) I put him on the table to play, it was clean. And Bodie's first time on a horse. Here he is with my sister Amy and Greg. And then the older two boys riding along. Creed couldn't get enough. I have several pictures of his several rides.


Oh, and Creed had several rides on his uncle Chris's "Boater Bikell" (motorcycle in Creed language). Thanks Chris (Greg's bro.)
We survived another year. Spent numerous hours packing and unpacking up there, then packing and unpacking back home. The night before we left to go up Creed fell off a bar stool and hit his chin on the counter, had to get three stitches. Then in the Uinta's he fell and scraped a tree and got road rash on his face, plus many bruises, and cut up elbow from falling. Lot's of trips, scrapes, dirt. And Creed is ready for recovery. Jax had a few mishaps as well.
The boys had such a fun time. They loved the campfires, marshmallows, gathering sticks, wandering down to the other families camps, drinking juice, Jax played his first BB Gun (airsoft) war (well kinda played), throwing rocks in the river, and were actually glad to go to bed at night. Bodie was actually sick with a cold so we started out rough with him, but then he seemed fine.

Can I just say, there's no place like home!!!

4 comments:

Melissa Clark said...

Fun! Love your pics and your adventures. I hope we are as adventurous as you two are someday...sigh

Kae said...

you make camping look like fun. I keep trying to think that I am a camper but really I hate it, but I guess I go for the kids right...?

Spencer and Celeste said...

I'm glad it was a fun trip this year! We were so bummed that we couldn't make it. Life just gets so busy...

Michael B said...

Looks like such a blast!