Saturday, November 4, 2017

Halloween in Seventeen!

 We hit our traditional pumpkin patch. Smith's grocery store! Then Creed was a scary circus clown/announcer guy for the 5th grade spook alley. Below he's with some of his group. I ran over to the school to check out his class's alley. And Bo and Creed teamed up for carving pumpkins at cub pack meeting.

Carving time! Greg was glad to have the older boys do their own and we were all glad to get the right tools for carving. Greg said it made it so much easier. No more kitchen knives! Ha! And I helped Bo and Rafe draw their faces.

The school parade! I love to go and see all the costumes. What a fun tradition! Bo changed his mind on a costume many times. I never did buy his current requests (eggs/bacon, Green Lantern, Hobo) so in the end when he changed it again, we had the stuff and he was ready to go as a devil. Creed's thing at school was him eating a banana and friends at school call him banana, I think. So he had to be one and wanted to be a peeling one. And I got some Pirate stuff at the dollar store for Creed's spook alley, then they changed their minds so I had the stuff and Rafe was more than happy to use it and be a pirate!


And I told Jax he can just use his dark knight costume, he was fine with that. He just had Young Men's halloween activity with Kamp Kastapolous and trick or treating to use it for. And he actually wore it to school on their costume day at the Jr. High.
After school, the kids came home, we then got ready again and headed down to our neighborhood garage soup party that we do every year. Yum and fun! Rafe decided he wanted to be Master Chief to go trick-or-treating, so he changed and I put some picture of him and I love Bo and then Jax in the back ground on the drive-way. And the sky was amazing!


Jax is Batman (dark knight), Creed the banana, Rafe the pirate! Rrrr! And Bodie is the Devil!

This year it started, we split up. Jax and Creed took off to the upper part of the neighborhood with Jax's friends. Sniff sniff. I knew it wouldn't last that we all go around together. Time to leave the family, the nest, and go out with friends. And then Rafe and I left early and went back to our house to answer the door and rest. One day it will just be Greg and I at home and no trick-or-treating. That is crazy! I'm trying to live it up while I can! Now what to do with all this candy?!

No comments: