Sunday, July 9, 2017

Lake Powell 2017

 The big Lorenzon fam does Lake Powell...
Greg's whole family (minus -Rick and fam in TX.) stuffed our cars full and headed down to Wahweap the last week of June. 25 of us in all. Andrea and Abe had a houseboat time share for us to all share and use. We opted to sleep in a tent on the beach instead of with everyone all crowded on the top deck. (and Jax sleepwalked last time) We stayed 2 nights at the farthest back you cold go in Gunsight Canyon and then fell in love with West Canyon so we up and moved the houseboat to that canyon for the rest of the time.
Here is the week in show of pictures.


These next 2 pictures are taken by our bro-in-law Nate Ries. Captures Lake Powell perfectly. Ay? He has so many incredible ones I couldn't decide. So I grabbed some of the first few I saw.



Here's a little of Creed's week. Wake boarding, fishing, napping, claiming his king of the boat spot at the center bow, tubing, cliff jumping, kayaking, it also included eating and snacking a-lot.


And Jax's week had swimming, kayaking, skinny dipping (yes holding up his suit in the picture - copying exactly what Greg had just done of course), hiking, eating, visiting, and enjoying the incredible scenery.

 A group escaping the sun and watching an afternoon movie, Bodie enjoyed it and cruising on the boat all day, swimming like a fish, jumping off the house boat, kayaking, tubing, eating, playing with cousins, laughing, and did I mention all the snacking.

 Rafe also had a blast! Throwing mud and rocks, fishing, swimming, watching his brother's, chill'n on the boat all day cruising around, slept by mom like a rock, applied lots of sunscreen, ate well, played with cousins, and trying out a little of all the activities. We got a kick out of Greg showing those trying wake boarding how to place their feet. Ha!

Our red rock wall view out our tent window's every morning were incredible. Almost as incredible as all the stars we'd see all night. And look at Greg's happy face while driving the boat. Loving that we are in Powell. And a selfie of us cruising at sunset, because that's what we do is take selfies. :)

On our way into Kanab on the drive down a big billboard say "Lake Powell - The Greatest Earth on Show" I loved that! So true. It's an amazing part of our planet. The earth you see is unbelieveable. The water, the cliffs, the reds and oranges, the white, the sunsets and rises, every inch is a sight to see. I'm so glad we had the chance to go down there and see it and experience it.

 Greg likes that picture of us all on the boat. It's a good capture. And or only family photo is us doing a quick video clip of the dab. I did a still shot of it.
I made a Lake Powell video to music and gave a copy to everyone. It was a lot of work, took a few days and lots of hours here and there. But we had so many pictures, I just had to.

It was a good time, lots of people, lots of food and meals, tons of sunscreen, broken A/C, ice, drunk tons of water, got heat stroke everyday with a migraine. That was not fun. It made the trip difficult for me. I hate how my body and head overheat so easily. My circulation is bad, in the winter my limbs are always freezing and in the summer I overheat. Ugh! I hate it. But I enjoyed seeing all the kids having such a grand time so I stuck it out. Greg's sisters were so helpful in trying to help me cool down.
Um what else, oh yes, Greg and I never ever got a chance to get on the water behind a boat. Wait, I did go tubing with the kids once. But no skiing or wake boarding in the warm water. That was a bummer. There's always next time. And my kids will be older and then we'll all be having the time of our lives. Oh and I'll be sure to not go when it's 105 degrees!
The End!


No comments: