Well the school year is over and it's nice to be done with homework and packing lunches and rushing out the door in the morning. It was neat for all 4 boys to go to and from school together. I loved that they could do that. This year was the last with my buddy Rafe home with me. Even if it was half a day. Rafe and I were talking about how our days together are coming to an end. We both got sad. We cuddled and I took some pics to remember our moment and how I am sad that this time period in raising my children is ending. The bottom 2 pics was one day at the end of May I took him to lunch. And he was being so sweet (unlike a lot of the times, because he can be temperamental and stubborn and mean too) He is hot and cold with his temper. But I still love our time and had a nice day and he wanted pictures and had fun posing and wanted to see them. And I love to capture memories.
With a heavy heart I move onto the next stage of life - all kids in school all day. And I'll go back to work - sad heart. But such is life and what we need to do in our life. I loved all my Kindergartners and the last is hard to say good bye.
And then there's my big boy Jax. The big 6th grader moving on to Jr. High! He started at Morningside at 4 years old in preschool. Then 8 years later he is finishing his time there. He is proud and tells everyone how long he's attended the school. Everyone else who started in preschool with him has since moved away, so he was the last one and the last class of preschool. So he felt it a milestone.
I drove by and watched Beach Day for a few minuets and Jax saw me and came to the fence with Gavin and Cooper for a picture. And then I had to volunteer for the 6th grade promotion party and year book signing, there he is in the middle of a group signing year books at the park.
The promotion ceremony took hours an hours! Oh my gosh, way too long. It was ridiculous. I kept sending Rafe to get a drink and take his time playing in the hall because he was so bored sitting on the chairs. But it finally ended and Jax was finished with Elementary School. He is a happy camper! But is nostalgic for it to be over.
Then he and his friends Gavin and Henry were brave enough to do a little dance to Beyonce's "Single Ladies" for their class talent show. They almost were voted to move on to the school show. But didn't make it. But they sure had fun making a spectacle of themselves. The kids loved it and laughed and cheered. Jax has no fear.


No comments:
Post a Comment