February came and went. We have stuff going on every week and can't wait for the weekends. Greg has been busy at work, bosses in town, skiing with them, hiring and interviewing, working hard, , I've been busy with the school community council (that I'm on) meetings - there's a lot of drama and concern with the 6th graders moving to jr. high and the French DLI program not having the same 6th grade half day you get in elementary school, I'm just waiting and crossing my fingers my boys still get what they need to continue along for their AP test in 9th grade to start taking college credits in high school. We're in it for the long haul. And the boys have been in a new semester at school and we are all wishing spring would get here quick!
The beginning of the month Greg found out one of his good old buddies committed suicide. There he is with him just before we got married. Greg was close to Scott Hawker back then and was good and staying in touch over all these years and recently had lunch with him. We were obviously shocked. We went to his funeral. He never married so at least he's not leaving a family behind.
We got to babysit Greg's cousin Ranae Bell's little baby Julia! That was so fun. She is the most darling baby girl! The boys LOVED her. Bodie was attached and couldn't get enough. I LOVED watching my boys interact with her and try to hold her and play. It was all so cute. Rafe really wants to adopt now and keeps talking about it. Like how we'll need a crib, and need the money to "buy" a baby as he said. Ha! He's so funny. I would love to adopt a baby girl! They all want a sister. Rafe was quite hopeful for a while until we sat him down and explained the how's and why's and what we are and are not going to do. :)
Then there's Creed decorating cupcakes at the Blue and Gold scout banquette (we did cupcake wars). And for literacy week Bodie was dressing up as a favorite character. He was so excited when he asked to be Pooh bear. I think my quick thrown together costume left him feeling a little let down. Oh well. His mom isn't super amazing, just kinda amazing. Ha! We gave Creed a jacket and a blue shirt and his character was Percy Jackson.
I was able to go down to Utah Valley Univ. to see the older boys compete in the UVU French Dual Immersion Fair. A few schools were in it and Morningside won! Like really won! It was fun to be back in that school. I lived down there across the street for 2 years and had church/institute and my one class there. And my roomies all went there so I felt it was my school as well.
Creed with all of his friends at lunch and then Creed and Jax both doing their impromptu speeches in french. The did good! I'm glad I was able to go and see them.
And the one picture is me relaxing this week with my feet up. Wasting time looking at Instagram instead of folding all the laundry out on the chairs. And I was enjoying my "new" living room. We got rid of the old and got a new rug, ottoman, and chairs.
I check on my little boys every night before I go to bed. I love seeing them peaceful and sleeping. See Rafe snoozing away... and when I saw Bodie I went for the camera. Ha! His hand was outside his underwear at least. What is it with men/boys just sticking their hand down their pants!
And Greg's cousin Shane's daughter got married. We went down for the wedding and dinner and reception stuff. Greg and I doing a selfie at the Payson temple with the bride Stephanie in the back ground. And then bff cousins Chad and Shane Bangerter with Greg.




No comments:
Post a Comment