We've been married for 14 years! It has been an awesome 14. I love that I was lucky enough to meet Greg and fall in love when I did, the way I did. I love our love story. We always enjoy reminiscing.
Like this day in October of 2002. It was Gen. Conf. weekend we had already told each other over the phone 2000 miles apart that we love each other. Then decided, over the phone, to get married. After a few weeks apart he flew home to Salt Lake from Baltimore for the weekend and we went ring shopping. And I met the rest of his family for the first time and he met my parents and here we are enjoying the views from Bountiful Blvd. just before going to my parents house where he asked my dad if he can marry me. Minutes after just meeting. Fun stuff.
This was our first "selfie" - before a selfie photo was a thing. Ha! And before I had a digital camera.
Thanksgiving weekend 2002 Greg flew back to SLC and my engagement ring was finally ready. So Greg made a bunch of plans to officially ask me to marry him. He borrowed my car while I was at work and he borrowed a generator and hundrends of white x-mas lights. Drove up towards East Canyon to a spot where they play BBGun wars and a friend or two help him set it all up for me to arrive after a romantic dinner.
We ate at Cafe Molise downtown and then headed up the canyon on a drive. We parked in the dark snow covered section off the side of the winding highway road. Greg blind folded me and carried me so I wouldn't have to traipse through the snow. And set me down and started a loud generator and then music. The song "With or Without You" by U2 was playing and I took off the blind fold and there was Greg down on one knee. We were both circled by all the bright lights. It was so cool and so romantic. I said yes of course and he put the ring on my finger. I was so excited to see it! I had been waiting. I designed it and it was neat to see it all complete and pretty. I remember thinking how heavy it was on my finger. And thinking, oh boy, what have I done, I have to wear a heavy ring the rest of my life. Ha! I totally got used to it and it's a piece of me now. I feel naked without my ring on. Never had to worry about it being too heavy. We set the timer and had the camera on a rock or log or something. So it's not the best picture. But it captures the lit up woods and our happy faces.
Then on 0 2, 0 1, 0 3 (as Greg would say - 2 people becoming 1 in marriage and 3 representing our future growing family) we were married! This picture below is funny. It shows how silly my husband can be. He was walking all funny. Just to be funny.
And six months later in our first home, our apartment in Royal Farms/Cottonwood Heights area, Greg and I were bored and being silly one day. We dared each other to go out and get our mail dressed in one another's clothes. Ha!
Lot's of fun memories, lots of laughs, lots of babies/children, some arguments and some disagreements, but still the best of the best! I love being married to Greg and I love our marriage.


No comments:
Post a Comment